How will we calculate battles without a calculator?

• 2007 AAR League

It doesn’t appear as if Frood’s dice calc is going to cut it anymore, not with all the changes taking place to units’ offensive hits and the combined arms benefits. I will still probably use Frood’s for regular battles that don’t require a 1.21 jigawatt-powered computer to give me an answer.  :lol:

But for AA50 and now for AAE/P/G40, has anybody come up with a decent calculator to determine who the winner will be or what the odds are of an attack? For AA50, I have been using Triple A, particularly for sea battles, but I can’t always fire that up when playing. I don’t know what I will do for E/P/G40. Anybody have any ideas? I am not a math or stats expert, so I can’t do battles in my head.

• whats wrong with tha old-fashioned usage of your head. AnA is about taking risk, not go gung-ho if a calc tells you.

• ON ALL FRONTS, FORWARD.

• I agree - make an educated guess and start rolling the dice….
    If you need to have that kind of certainty when playing a game like this I highly suggest inducing a small quantity of alchohol (not too much now…a little bit goes along way when you are only a 1/2" tall and made of plastic…)  That should help nicely and will bring a fresh perspective to the game!

• '10

You can always run them LL or no luck in your head……but don’t let anyone ask for a reroll  😄

• I love it.  Decisions without any calculators:
    Play by email will be a little closer to a live game again.

• I have a AA50 calc that should work.

• roll some dice……

• 2007 AAR League

@Battling:

You can always run them LL or no luck in your head……but don’t let anyone ask for a reroll  😄

Hehehe, good point Maxo. And I am probably just thinking about using the calc for naval battles mostly, although the bigger land battles might be worth it as well. Most of the time, I attack with larger numbers and plenty of men, which means (usually) I win the battle without having to resort to number crunching.

• Calculators?  We don’t need no stinking calculators!  😄

• 2007 AAR League

You mean to tell me we don’t know their kind of scum around here? What if we want to disintegrate some plastic pieces?  😛 😄

• what’s a calculator? :?

• I think he means an i-phone app.

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.4m