Capital Ships damaged "fighting" ability

• Capital Ships can be “damaged” and yet remain alive. Do they HAVE TO go get repaired or can they carry on into new combat on their side and thus, be sunk with only one hit?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Bull!

You don’t have to repair your capital ships if you don’t want to.  Bear in mind, however, that while damaged battleships are simply reduced to one hit, damaged carriers also can’t launch or recover air units.

• I’m I correct in saying that in a battle, if a carrier is hit and fighters or tacs survive the fight, they cannot land on the carrier and must land on an island within one space or they are lost?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, boboshonda!

That’s true of defending air units.  Attacking air units are in the same situation, but they have whatever movement allowance remains to them to find a safe landing space.  Of course, if they have used all of their movement already, they’re in trouble.

• Most of that is correct.  The planes get 1 space to move. If the island is in the same sea zone, that would be ok. If the island is the ajacent sea zone, that would be 2 movement points.

• Official Q&A

Good catch, BadSpeller.  I missed the “on an island” part of the question, seeing only “within one space”.  The planes don’t necessarily have to land on an island.  They could land in any land territory that’s been friendly since the beginning of the turn, or on a friendly carrier, as long as either one is within range.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m