• We have just finished Round 1, and it took 15 pages! Here’s a summary:
    Germany took Paris and Normandy, took out the Canadian Navy, the 2 CC in the North Sea, and airstriked the UK. He also attacked Z110 but lost 2 SS and a ftr while just damaging the BB. He activated Finland and moved units west. He built a carrier and landed 2 fighters from UK in Z112.

Russia took Korea with 3 inf and took North Persia. He stacked East Poland and Karelia and shifted inf and planes around.

Japan took back Korea, Yunnan, FIC, and other Chinese tt. No J1.

UK killed the German fleet in Z112, losing 2 DD, a tac, and a carrier and damaging 2 BB. It tried and failed to take Ethiopia, took East Persia, took Java,Sumatra and blocked both by moving the RIN to Z37 and 43. Withdrew from Alexandria and stacked the UK with Inf/Art and Java with planes.

ANZAC added 2 planes to the Java stack

Italy took Syria, Tunisia, Alexandria, Kenya, Souther France, killed the French Med Fleet, and activated Bulgaria.

US built an atlantic fleet, evactuated Philippines planes, moved fleet to Pearl.

France stacked Morocco with 2 inf, move the West Africa inf to Nigeria, and moved its DD to off West India.

G2 is coming up

• Wow, now that is some dedication. I know I like to see my board all set up, nice that you guys can do this from just pictures though.

• @maverick_76:

Wow, now that is some dedication. I know I like to see my board all set up, nice that you guys can do this from just pictures though.

Thanks. I’m downloading Photoshop so I can draw the names of the units and erase them without erasing the map like in Paint

• Does it seem certain that Italy will control the Med?

• @UN:

Does it seem certain that Italy will control the Med?

For now, yes. However, we hope to push them back by using the South African factory. Those inf in Africa will be isolated when we kill both Italian transports. Germany’s navy is 1 sub and its air force is one bomber. It is in trouble, and it’s doubtful Italy can compensate.

• By the way, France is down to 3 inf and a Destroyer

• @calvinhobbesliker:

By the way, France is down to 3 inf and a Destroyer

So it seems. No one tried to save the French Med fleet?

• '12

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I think France goes last.  There is no time.  In fact, in the real war the British didn’t save the fleet, but bombed it to block the Germans from getting it.  Many French casualties.

• @UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

The Gibraltar Carrier and Destroyer was used to destroy the German Fleet in order to prevent a Sealion

• @moralecheck:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I think France goes last.  There is no time.  In fact, in the real war the British didn’t save the fleet, but bombed it to block the Germans from getting it.  Many French casualties.

It does go last, I just know that the British can save it by moving the aircraft carrier and destroyer off Gibraltar next to it. That’s one cruiser and destroyer that will go towards destroying the Italian fleet.

The Gibraltar Carrier and Destroyer was used to destroy the German Fleet in order to prevent a Sealion

That’s why I’m so pumped of playing the UK. You have so many options: do you send the Gibraltar fleet to the Med, thus increasing the chances of destroying the Italian navy (and thus thwarting Italian ambitions in Africa), or do you send it up to the British Isles to increase the chance of a failed Sealion?

• More options for the UK: Do you keep all units in Egypt or take a few out to capture Ethiopia to secure your rear? Do you keep the 5 planes in India in the CBI area or move them to Africa?

• '12

Slightly off topic, but since you have the game…are the US and british pieces exactly the some colour in AAE40 as AAP40?? I ask as a slightly different shade would have been nice for putting the 2 games away afterword but it’s not a big deal.

• @moralecheck:

Slightly off topic, but since you have the game…are the US and british pieces exactly the some colour in AAE40 as AAP40?? I ask as a slightly different shade would have been nice for putting the 2 games away afterword but it’s not a big deal.

I don’t have the game. We’re playing from the map, setup, and rules previews

• is there a abattlemap mod for global yet?

• Not yet.  They’re working off pictures of the map.

• I love how you need to play before the game’s even out.

• Looks like the game might be restarting

• @Dylan:

I love how you need to play before the game’s even out.

You’re less guilty of wanting to play.  :roll:

• I was the German player.  It appears the developers playtested this game very well!  Germany is short always 1 unit here or there.  Sea Lion is possible, but only if everything goes right, and there are a bunch of things that have to go right.  If you do not credibly threaten Sea Lion, then the Allies can do other nasty things…whether and how you follow through with it…that is the question.

For those of you who have played AAP40 and noticed Japan always wins…well, with the USSR active…as you may have surmised, pretty much keeps Japan busy and China probably will not be taken out.  Japan has to watch what happens in Europe as events there dictate how and when Japan attacks.

Its a fun game and looking forward to playing again.

• Straight beast mode guys, and it is good to hear that the game is pretty balanced.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m