• @Koningstiger:

The new rules are for PACIFIC40, not Europe…

This is in the Global forum, which is neither Pacific or Europe…

• Customizer

I’m surprised nobody spotted the obvious flaw in my suggestion:

The Allies can block a Japanese attack on the Western Allies by sending a single Soviet infantryman over the Manchurian border to start a war before Germany attacks.

It needs to be that Russia or Japan cannot initiate wars against both enemies.  But would that work?

• I’m not sweating it until I get the game in my hands and can see the angles in person. The first game that I play will be straight up and then we can see how well the game was playtested. From sources that were at GenCon they said it was a blast and the game played very well.

• Flashman, you cant henpen them in to not being allowed to attack unless conditions are met

Make the action itself undisireable

• The Allies can block a Japanese attack on the Western Allies by sending a single Soviet infantryman over the Manchurian border to start a war before Germany attacks.

And thats why you go with my suggestion and don’t get into this issue.

USSR can’t attack Japan until Germany is defeated
    Japan can’t attack USSR unless one major power ( not ANZAC or China) Have their capital occupied by Germany or Italy.

• @Imperious:

The Allies can block a Japanese attack on the Western Allies by sending a single Soviet infantryman over the Manchurian border to start a war before Germany attacks.

And thats why you go with my suggestion and don’t get into this issue.

USSR can’t attack Japan until Germany is defeated
    Japan can’t attack USSR unless one major power ( not ANZAC or China) Have their capital occupied by Germany or Italy.

Also exclude France.

• Japan SHOULD be able to go to war against the Soviet Union. That’s the nature of the game. It was also a serious option Japan considered for quite some time. Indeed, in the end they decided to go for the Southern option. It’s difficult to simulate both things in a game of the nature of A&A. One we want mutual attacks to be possible, Two neither of the two countries in question was eager to fight the other while already at war with Germany/Italy or the US/UK/France respectively…

Perhaps a negative NO would work or an IPC penalty (in the rulebook it’s explained that NOs represent a boost in morale and vigour (I suppose both in the military and as far as civilians/factory workers etc. are concerned). Hearing that your country is being attacked from both sides would probably have the opposite effect of an NO, so a negative one might work: -6 IPC if Japan is at war with the Western Allies and the USSR simultaneously and -6 if the USSR is at war with both Japan and Germany/ Italy. These negative SA’s only apply when you initiated the conflict with the Soviet Union or japan respectively. ( I agree the wording needs to be worked on, but I’m sure you get the idea). I’m certainly not for completely disallowing the possibility!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m