• @SAS:

@WILD:

@Krieghund:

Greenland is an island.

Hey back up, you guys BS through Kriegs answer, so you can build an AB and scramble from Greenland.

Yes, you can build an AB and scramble from Greenland if the Germans try to invade Quebec.

That’ll happen as much as the brits building an AB on Ceylon to save India

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@SAS:

@WILD:

@Krieghund:

Greenland is an island.

Hey back up, you guys BS through Kriegs answer, so you can build an AB and scramble from Greenland.

Yes, you can build an AB and scramble from Greenland if the Germans try to invade Quebec.

That’ll happen as much as the brits building an AB on Ceylon to save India

In the global game Jap has much more to deal with. Most don’t see a J1 attack as the ultimate Jap strat. The UK will have more options to hold India and delay J3 India crush as well. At some point an AB on Ceylon could be a good allied strat to protect a multi-national allied fleet in later rounds. It could force Jap to either take out the fleet, or not use their own to hit India. In both cases it could be costly on both sides. Just saying an AB on Ceylon might be seen every now and then once we have a chance to feel out the big picture.

But yea I don’t see an AB on Greenland any time soon. The axis would have to done a successful sea lion, and also have Iceland. Then maybe US thinks about a new base of operations in Greenland, but doubtful.

• Personally, I don’t see a logical reason why fighters can only scramble from an island.  I figure the rule is probably the result of playtesting, and that allowing fighters to scramble from, say, Norway, would somehow unbalance the game.  But it seems like it would benefit both sides equally overall, considering the size of the map and the number of territories on it.

• In think that if there was a limit on scramble you could incorporate it into all AB’s. Its the unlimited ability that skews things even on islands IMO.

• I agree with Bill, I like the idea of a limit on the number of planes that can be scrambled from airbases that has been discussed before and removing the need for the airbase to be on an island.  That would be more balanced IMTO.  Maybe I’ll play with that as a house rule, though in general I avoid house rules.

• Greenland, the last alliance strong hold after a disastrous turn of events that led to the world being concurred by the Axis!

• Now that’s a headline!!

• @almashir:

Personally, I don’t see a logical reason why fighters can only scramble from an island.  I figure the rule is probably the result of playtesting, and that allowing fighters to scramble from, say, Norway, would somehow unbalance the game.  But it seems like it would benefit both sides equally overall, considering the size of the map and the number of territories on it.

Perhaps it was made that way for the sole purpose of increasing the value of islands with no IPC value.

• @Seven_Patch:

Pluto is not a planet! End of discussion.

I will never accept that! It is a planet Goddamnit!  :-D

• @maverick_76:

@Seven_Patch:

Pluto is not a planet! End of discussion.

I will never accept that! It is a planet Goddamnit!  :-D

It’s officially a Dwarf planet.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m