• I will set it up and then wait for a week when someone has time to play it a waste like 15 minutes of my life looking at the board before I start actually trying to memorize it and plan things out.

• @munchie19:

i’ve only been to oregon once, I am from college station, texas.  :|

Don’t pity this man, he is an Aggie.  :-P

• an Aggie from Wisco

• I live in Korea (DoD CIV), it’s difficult to find people to play with. I taught the girlfriend how to play but she has the attention span of a 7 year old. I’m thinking about posting on some bulletin boards to see if I get any people interested…. Or ya’ll can take a flight to Asia and join me! hahaha

• '10

Today we play a game of A&AP40 to refresh the rules.

Maybe 6th or 14th september we are going to play a global game.

We are six players - perfect. :-D

Oh, by the way…

We are from bavaria.

Will be a pleasure to kick the french, sink the homefleet, going for Lebensraum and waiting for the americans (…and the canadians) at the normandy beaches.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• @marechallannes:

Will be a pleasure to kick the french, sink the homefleet, going for Lebensraum and waiting for the americans (…and the canadians) at the normandy beaches.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I dunno… Waiting didn’t seem to work out too well for the historical axis, maybe you should try to bring the fight to them!

• @dellsharpie:

I dunno… Waiting didn’t seem to work out too well for the historical axis, maybe you should try to bring the fight to them!

G3 America Crush

• ROFL!

• My son will be starting fall classes end of Aug, and one of his buddies will be going back to the dorm on the 27th that also plays. We will try to get a game in through the week (Tues/Weds) before 1/2 our group is gone, or to busy. We’ll still play after that, it will be with fewer people though. The guy that is off to college is from UK, so it adds some flavor to the game that we’ll miss (pompous limey bastard).

• "In 1938 Zhukov was directed to command the First Soviet Mongolian Army Group, and saw action against Japan’s Kwantung Army on the border between Mongolia and the Japanese controlled state of Manchukuo in an undeclared Soviet-Japanese war  that lasted from 1938 to 1939. What began as a routine border skirmish—the Japanese testing the resolve of the Soviets to defend their territory—rapidly escalated into a full-scale war, the Japanese pushing forward with 80,000 troops, 180 tanks and 450 aircraft.

This led to the decisive Battle of Khalkhin Gol. Zhukov requested major reinforcements and on August 15, 1939 he ordered what seemed at first to be a conventional frontal attack. However, he had held back two tank brigades, which in a daring and successful manoeuver he ordered to advance around both flanks of the battle. Supported by motorised artillery and infantry, the two mobile battle groups encircled the 6th Japanese Army and captured their vulnerable supply areas. Within a few days the Japanese troops were defeated."
    that is from Wikipedia

While I doubt I’d take a Japan first strategy with Russia remind Japan of the bear on their shoulder doesn’t hurt.  When I play Japan in P40 my Manchurian territories clear out early while my units are working their way through China and to India.  Only reason I ever put anyone there has been if the Americans look like they’re trying to land.

48 points of additional allied units on that side of the board might slow things up

• I have an 8-man game set up for Saturday, Sept. 5th…
    Everyone is committed to play until we finish or we drop, whichever comes first.

The following break-down of powers should mean that everybody will have something to do for most of the day:

AXIS
    P1) Germany
    P2) Japan
    P3) Italy

vs.

ALLIES
    P4) USSR
    P5) USA
    P6) UK Europe
    P7) UK Pacific + China
    P8) ANZAC + France

• @Make_It_Round:

I have an 8-man game set up for Saturday, Sept. 5th…
    Everyone is committed to play until we finish or we drop, whichever comes first.

The following break-down of powers should mean that everybody will have something to do for most of the day:

AXIS
    P1) Germany
    P2) Japan
    P3) Italy

vs.

ALLIES
    P4) USSR
    P5) USA
    P6) UK Europe
    P7) UK Pacific + China
    P8) ANZAC + France

Do you need to split up India and UK?

• Well, you can’t just give a person only China.  Sure the two players with the UK will have to coordinate, but it might work.

• On Aug 29th, we have about 15-20 people getting together for gaming.  We will be doing one AA50 Double Game and 1 (or 2 if we get enough) of the Global game.  It’s our first HUGE get together.  If anybody is in the New Haven area of CT, drop us a line.

http://www.atthebunker.com

Or just email me:  brian at thediceturret.com

Brian

• Will be playing all day next Saturday and enjoying the merits of a cold beer amongst friends - this Saturday if I can find an early copy somewhere!

• I plan on playing it possibly on abattlemap when it is released whenever I can find time with my class schedule. :|

• I plan on acquiring it the daybefore school starts and then not playing it with my friends  :x :cry:

• @McMan:

I plan on acquiring it the daybefore school starts and then not playing it with my friends  :x :cry:

Yeah, I thought the timing was terrible, should have been first week of Aug at the latest. This is a very busy week with back to school.

• i know!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m