• Hello everyone,

This issue cropped up in a recent game.  I know the rules for liberating a territory taken by Japan, but what happens if you want to “liberate” a territory that hasn’t been taken over?  i.e.  India has fallen yet Japan has not taken over Malaya.  If the ANZAC infantry moved from Shan State to liberate Malaya, does ANZAC take the Malaya IPCs?

• From my understanding when a Power loses its Capitol, E.G. India, it can no longer collect income; so liberating a territory would automatically give the liberator the income, if the Capitol is liberated it may resume collecting income from its territory.
    and yes ANZAC would be 3 IPCs wealthier

• Oh, a second question as well, if I amphibiously try to bombard Korea and there are NO Japanese units in the seazone, can Japanese fighters/tactical bombers scramble to stop it?

I’ed really like a response from Kreighund because my friend is QUITE the rules lawyer and wont follow a rule unless it is “official”.

• ok i’m not kreighund but i try to reply when you enter into the japan sea zone during your combat movement  japanese player can scramble aircrafts cause you are attacking a sea zone, remember the scramble happens when your aircrafts are on an island with an operative air base, and they can be alone in defending sea zone.
    :mrgreen:

bye wait fro kreighund now

• Official Q&A

@TheCaptain:

I know the rules for liberating a territory taken by Japan, but what happens if you want to “liberate” a territory that hasn’t been taken over?  i.e.  India has fallen yet Japan has not taken over Malaya.  If the ANZAC infantry moved from Shan State to liberate Malaya, does ANZAC take the Malaya IPCs?

No, it doesn’t.  Malaya still belongs to India, even though its capital is held by the enemy and it can’t collect income.  However, if Japan had captured Malaya and then ANZAC recaptured it, it would belong to ANZAC until India was liberated.

@Panz3r:

ok i’m not kreighund but i try to reply when you enter into the japan sea zone during your combat movement  japanese player can scramble aircrafts cause you are attacking a sea zone, remember the scramble happens when your aircrafts are on an island with an operative air base, and they can be alone in defending sea zone.

Panz3r L3ad3r is correct.  Any attack in (naval battle) or from (amphibious assault) a sea zone will allow planes on an island airbase in that zone to scramble, whether or not there are friendly units already in the sea zone.

• Thanks for the quick response Kreighund. :D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m