• @coorran:

I’m not an expert at converting images and I need some help. When I try to print a map (on our printer) from the pdf file, as a “patchwork” of 8 pages, it freezes…

You may need more RAM. That PDF is pretty big. Try it after a fresh restart. You could also try printing it one page at a time.

• Cool.  :mrgreen:

• My own custom map, using IL’s file. It’s the AA42, of course. It’s 50*25 inches.

I prefer the practical aspect of a map, so it’s a 9 pieces board. It actually fits in the original AA42 box, so it’s pretty convenient (as I don’t have a lot of storage space available).

The core material is foamboard, and I had the images printed on the office laser printer.

IMG_2611 (640x479).jpg

• '10

Gents

I noticed there are threads here & there with people showing off their beautiful large maps.  I’m trying to create a one stop shop for this info to help others who want to make their own large maps.  For those of you who have already posted about your large maps, would you please be kind enough to post a copy of your post to this thread. http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=23549.0

Thank you.

• Imperious leader - I just wanted to thank you for the great maps !! I currently have the spring 1942 map and its has changed the gameplay dramatically.  Ill post pictures of my board when i can.

Just want to give a shout out from Canada

8-) !!!

• Dear Imperious Leader,

Thank you for the map file(s)! I had the Spring 1942 version printed yesterday on vinyl banner material, 64" x 34". It looks fantastic. Your name proudly adorns yet another A&A table! You’ve made me (and my friends who play) very happy!

I plan to check out the other versions you posted as well.

Thanks again!!!
    Varn H

(I attached an image file, hopefully it works…)

_ImperiousLeader03.jpg

• Thank you kind sir. Note that i do have both AA50 map files that look very much like OOB map and AAE40 map as well as AAE39 map all found in various threads in Variants.

I get thousands of countless pics all over the world from people who live in some of the most distant areas and i do all this for you people who demand a decent larger map.

Finally Larry has begun to producing larger maps because people like me shown their utility over the years.

• Hey,

I’d like to make a print of IL’s awesome map, too.
    But I want to downsize it, because the orignal size is a bit too large
    for my table.

I tried to downsize the pdf with Acrobat Pro, but it always tells me
    that it is not possible. I don’t know why.

Is there another easy way to easily downsize the pdf???
    Cheers

• Use photoshop or any graphic program

• Awesome map, I printed on canvas, mounted it, and built a custom table for mine - very happy.  Waiting to get enough posts to be able to load images and then will put it up.

• good job

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m