• Yep. I am. I need a map.

Was wondering if you get the vinyl lamented or just leave it.

• you can have A&A printed curtains!

Yes, some jealousy here.

• You just leave it. It is perfect. the ink is not coming off and soda spills are no problem. I dont even think its possible to laminate it anyway. It rolls up very nice and does not crease with vinyl.

• ya i could get them but id rather a aaa bed spred!.      im getting my floor done (hard wood) as an aaa map prob il’s

• @cminke:

ya i could get them but id rather a aaa bed spred!.      im getting my floor done (hard wood) as an aaa map prob il’s

If you are serious then pictures are a must.

• if… and it’s now a big if. one of the machines that prints on wood is being upgraged and who knows how long that will take

• These aren’t the best pics, but playing on a big board is awesome!

Thanks IL!!!

• '10

Are those watch faces for the planes?

• No, they are just dial counters that came on the flight stands. We don’t use them, but you could use them as counters to indicate the number of planes or the number of movements a plane has made. Any way you go though, the flight stands are really nice  :-)

• Where do you get those stands and can you buy them in bulk? and where? and how do you attach them ?

• '10

That’s exactly what I was thinking. They’re nice. Where did you get them?

• My cousin bought them on the web somewhere, so I can’t help with that. They are very similar to these:
    http://www.back2base-ix.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=67&review=write

His were pretty cheap, but I think 8 for $12 is a pretty cheap since they have magnets in the tips.

The ones in the link have magnets in the tip, but my cousin’s didn’t. So, he bought a bag of small, rare earth magnets and glued them to the tips of his flight stands. Then, he glued small flat (really thin) magnets to the bottom of his planes. I’m not sure where he got those, but they came as a sheet, and he just cut it up. The planes sit on the flight stands really well. I’ll try to post better pictures after our next game.

Just like in the link above, his flight stands came in two heights.

He also glued a strip of the flat magnets to the tops of the carriers, and that makes a world of difference when moving carriers around.

I don’t know exactly what it is, but it all just adds a whole new element to the game.

• @mtngoatjoe:

My cousin bought them on the web somewhere, so I can’t help with that. They are very similar to these:
    http://www.back2base-ix.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=67&review=write

His were pretty cheap, but I think 8 for $12 is a pretty cheap since they have magnets in the tips.

The ones in the link have magnets in the tip, but my cousin’s didn’t. So, he bought a bag of small, rare earth magnets and glued them to the tips of his flight stands. Then, he glued small flat (really thin) magnets to the bottom of his planes. I’m not sure where he got those, but they came as a sheet, and he just cut it up. The planes sit on the flight stands really well. I’ll try to post better pictures after our next game.

Just like in the link above, his flight stands came in two heights.

He also glued a strip of the flat magnets to the tops of the carriers, and that makes a world of difference when moving carriers around.

I don’t know exactly what it is, but it all just adds a whole new element to the game.

Those are really nice… I’ve been wanting to add something like that to my games… 12$ for 8 can add up pretty quickly… Say 16 stands for major powers, 8 for minor, 1 for China (speaking about Global of course) per country? Thats about 11 sets of 8, so $132. Kinda sucks you have to drill though, I’d much rather super glue it somehow, easier/quicker process.

• '10

Why do you think you’d need so many of them?

• Hi, I’m getting the game tommorow. Already played it sometimes at a friend last year and I know that the original board that comes with the game is to small. So I want to get IL’s map printed out(wich is awesome), but before I go to a shop, I want to try to print it out on A3’s. Is there a way to split the pdf picture into pages with A3/A4 size?

Greets

• Those are really nice… I’ve been wanting to add something like that to my games… 12$ for 8 can add up pretty quickly… Say 16 stands for major powers, 8 for minor, 1 for China (speaking about Global of course) per country? Thats about 11 sets of 8, so $132. Kinda sucks you have to drill though, I’d much rather super glue it somehow, easier/quicker process.

My cousin used magnets because of cost. Since you never really know how many air units each country will need, using magnets allows the flight stand to be used with any country that needs it.

The flight stands I mentioned above already have magnets in the tips, so they are more expensive. Cheaper options that require you to attach the magnets yourself are:

There are many other options available, so take a look around on that site.

• I’m not an expert at converting images and I need some help. When I try to print a map (on our printer) from the pdf file, as a “patchwork” of 8 pages, it freezes…

Is there any way to have the AA42 w/ neutrals map on 8 different pages (not necessarily)? Anyone knows how to convert it?

Any help is welcome :)

Coorran

• @coorran:

I’m not an expert at converting images and I need some help. When I try to print a map (on our printer) from the pdf file, as a “patchwork” of 8 pages, it freezes…

You may need more RAM. That PDF is pretty big. Try it after a fresh restart. You could also try printing it one page at a time.

• Cool.  :mrgreen:

• My own custom map, using IL’s file. It’s the AA42, of course. It’s 50*25 inches.

I prefer the practical aspect of a map, so it’s a 9 pieces board. It actually fits in the original AA42 box, so it’s pretty convenient (as I don’t have a lot of storage space available).

The core material is foamboard, and I had the images printed on the office laser printer.

IMG_2611 (640x479).jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m