Looking for players in the Northeast.

• I’m looking for Axis & Allies players in the Northeastern US; New England in general and Maine specifically. Obviously, I love to get together to play strategy games of all kinds, and Axis & Allies has always had a special place on my shelf of goodies. As anyone that’s tried to introduce A&A to friends can attest, it’s sometimes difficult to find a group of people willing to devote an afternoon or evening to a board game… though these same folks will spend five hours flipping through the channels, complaining that there’s nothing good on tv. :)  But I digress.
    There does seem to be a fairly large Axis & Allies fan base in the area, but we’re always looking for more players. Every January, we have the SnowCon gaming convention in Maine, and both years I’ve had a great turnout for the strategy board games that I run. Axis & Allies always rounds out the evening, though, and we’re among the last ones to leave each night. It’s great fun, and I’d love to meet new players for the recreational re-enactment of World War II.
    The one thing that has been lacking in the area, however, is a good game shop. Fortunately, the Game Citadel has recently opened and filled that need. The owner’s a great guy, and with his help, we’re looking to give a little something back to the community. Sometime in the next few months, we’re looking to organize a charity Axis & Allies tournament for a local organization, the CWC Angels’ Program, that helps families with the high cost of school supplies. The details are still being hammered out, but we’re hoping for a big turnout. There will be prizes, of course, and it’s for a great cause, so if anyone lives in the northeast, get in touch! We’d love to crush you with our blitzkreig! I will post the details as soon as I’ve got them.

For more information:
    The CWC Angels’ Program: www.charlottewhitecenter.com/Support C

Game Citadel: www.gamecitadel.com/

And SnowCon: snowconmaine.com/SnowCon10/index.html

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m