• Any other Warhammer 40k vets out there? I myself have two armies, Blood Angels and Tau (Tau happen to be undefeated at the moment, 17-0-3), and I am in the process of building an Ork army.

Love Warhammer. Its so much fun to have your own personalized army out there battling infidels.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Doesn’t it take a lot of time to paint those miniatures?

That was my main beef with miniature games and why I like Marvel HeroClix so much, so far.

• Painting is half the fun :) But yes, it takes a long time to paint your models. Larger armies, like the Ork army in my near future, can sometimes require 10+ hours of painting.

• imo the painting is not the problem that is actully fun and inventive. the Price tag is the killer and the fact that as a game it is not worth the Price and Time. just my Opinion

• I really enjoyed the computer version of Warhammer but if I tried to paint all those pieces my guys would look like they just came from a paint ball tourney. Plus I can’t keep my hands still enough to paint such small pieces.

• It does take lots of practice before you can get the hang of painting miniatures. But it is very rewarding to see an entire finished army that you know you painted yourself. It is likely easier to find an opponent for Axis & Allies than 40k, but if you know either a group of people who play or a store nearby that you can play at, it can be very fun and enjoyable.

• hehe…

I play Warhammer.
    My 2 armies are Lizardmen and Bretonnia. :oops:

• heyyy… I used to play warhammer 40k :) lol I was really into it, cuz the miniatures were just so cool. Never learned the real rules, so me/bro/cousins just made up our own. I had a pretty big Ork army, and a decent Space Marine army.

• '19 Moderator

I am interested in learning more about this game.

I understand it is miniatures, how many pieces are there in an army?

Give me an idea of the cost.

Also I have heard that there are games like this using WWII era pieces, any one have info on that?

• It’s a pretty interesting hobby dezrtfish. Games Workshop is the company that makes this stuff…you might be able to find that store in ur city. Or a place called “Nexus” and just look around, they always have displays and a big gaming table set up. Here’s the website for Warhammer 40k:

http://www.games-workshop.com/40kuniverse/warhammer40k/warhammer40k.htm

Just look through the site. On the lefthand side there, it lists the different armies. hmmm as for cost…it’s been awhile since I’ve bought any Warhammer stuff, just trying to remember. An army can be huge, if you want it to be. You buy individual vehicles, or maybe squads of 15 people, or you can buy a good starter set for a particular army. I suggest buying the starter set, then building on that. I’m sure you can find a good army-building guide on the website. If you DO end up making your own army, think you could send some pics? I’d be interested in seeing

• I used to play BattleFleet Gothic (other games workshop game), then my friends gave up on it and moved to 40K. Eventually I caved, and bought a 40K army. Since then they’ve moved on to Plain 'ole Warhammer and Mordheim. I’m still trying to convince the buggers to come back to Battlefleet Gothic. I spent hundreds of dollars on my Eldar fleet.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m