What with the neutrals in Global 1940?

• It seems all the neutrals have insufficient armed forces… merely a collection of infantry units. Nothing else

Here is one example for Spain:

http://niehorster.orbat.com/080_spain/40_army/__army.html
    http://niehorster.orbat.com/080_spain/40_airforce/__airforce.html
    http://niehorster.orbat.com/080_spain/36_navy/_navy.html

• How many inf does Spain have?

Maybe it’s to simulate the effects of the Civil War(like China)

• it looks like they have like 3-4 infantry and thats it.

Their is no way Turkey, Brazil and Sweden as well as Spain should have just infantry. They just made it too simple, but didn’t realize for now the second time you can attack neutrals and the problems and pitfalls of allowing that. They took the short road for the solution.

Plus i thought they were including some new pieces for them in alternate colors, rather than just going cheap and having you use units from France or Germany for these.

I was not expecting new sculpts, but i did like to see a basic army (pro allies and pro axis) that you can use.

I think Spain should have this:

4-5 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Mechanized, 1 fighter, 1 DD, 1 AP, 1 Minor factory, 1 Naval Port

Portugal should have 1 Infantry and thats it.

I bet Brazil just has some infantry too, but they had some naval ( perhaps 1 ship)

I wonder how many times the play-testers involved neutrals, because i predict a ‘Spanish glitch’ in this game, because the neutrals including Spain are too weak and easily invaded. I am not blaming them, just wondering who made that decision on neutral armed forces.

• Spain has 6 inf

http://yfrog.com/i3wr9tj

• While it is easy to muster the forces to take Spain, the repercussions of doing so make it suicide. effectively it’s still against the rules to invade most neutrals. You would fast lose every other neutraljust the 4 infantry in southern africa would be enough to turn the tables with luck. The war with russia would be a lost cause if 18 IPCs of infantry joined them, kiss goodbye to norway. and just think about how india may be saved by the afghans, china by the mongols. Europe by the Turks

• Invading strict neutrals is suicide. The only possible way to do it would be to hit Spain, Turkey and Sweden simultaneously, and even then it would still leave a large number of infantry to your enemy.

• Same goes for the USSR’s Pacific units.  They had Tanks, Mechanized Infantry, and 1,500 planes.  Perhaps add 1 tank, mech, and tac bomber to each stack of six?

• I think its fine for now, since i will still be rubbing my hands together in glee every time an opponent invades a true neutral. But I also think that the neutral rules should become more realistic in later versions. Who the hell cares if Mongolia is invaded? And why would it matter if Spain is invaded? Hitler already took almost every other european country, why would one more send it over the bar? Maybe portugal would care, but… and on the subject of portugal, shouldn’t their colonies be with them? And yes, if the neutral rules become more specific per country, so should the representation of their armies. Not just inf.

• im gonna use the us marine pieces from old pacific as pro allied,and the old red chinese pieces from old pacific as pro axis,ill paint some us infantry white for strict nutrals

• But who controls the new true neutral soldiers?  Say Germany takes Spain and all true neutrals become Allied.  Don’t those pieces need to represent an allied country so you know who gets to attack with them on what turn?  Or do they just sit there and wait for Germany to attack them?

• Official Q&A

If Germany attacks Spain, the strict neutrals become pro-Allied, not Allied.

• I think it would make more sense if it only changed the neutrals on that particular continent to the other side.

• @Krieghund:

If Germany attacks Spain, the strict neutrals become pro-Allied, not Allied.

OK, that make sense.  So let’s say that happens and USA drops a infantry in Brazil.  The USA then gets the IPCs for Brazil, correct?  Do they also get the infantry that Brazil has?

Nevermind.  I found the rules on the home page.

• @xzorn:

I think it would make more sense if it only changed the neutrals on that particular continent to the other side.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Attacking Neutrals should come at high cost, but still be possible.

• But Turkey is overpowered, it spans 2 continents and has 8 INF.  :-D

• old xeno pcs for neutrals.  I thought they might come in handy some day. LOL

• There’s a few members that have played global at Gencon (maybe even got E40 as a prize), or have been lucky enough to get E40 early. Has anyone invaded the strict neutrals yet? There is a lot of speculation, but I wondered if anyone actually did it. I doubt anyone would try it in the first couple of games they played (testing the waters), but might push the envelope once they got a few games under their belt. So how about it?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m