• ive never watched starwars

• @strategic:

ive never watched starwars

You might want to look into changing that. Despite the malignment they receive parts 1-3 are not travesties of cinema. Simply not being as good as films that changed the way movies are made does not make for a ‘bad’ movie. Many films do not live up to what Star Wars and Empire deliver and that alone is not a crime.

Jar Jar Binks and Hayden Christiansen’s acting on the other hand…

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@frimmel:

Are atrocious!

No seriously… Jar Jar was a mistake and Hayden Christiansen did better in Episode III, but they still could have come up with someone better.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith may be my favorite one, but I feel compelled to go with an original, so I choose Episode IV: A New Hope.

• well that changed when i watched 1 last night. on the vcr container it said the trilogy, which must be 1,2,and3. but on the scrolling in the beggening it said Episode IV, a new hope.

@strategic:

well that changed when i watched 1 last night. on the vcr container it said the trilogy, which must be 1,2,and3. but on the scrolling in the beggening it said Episode IV, a new hope.

That should be okay… In fact it is best if you watch them in the order they were made: IV, V, VI and then I, II, III. It just seems to fit perfectly that way.

• My biggest disappointment is that the ‘prequels’ didn’t really dig deep enough into why Anakin turned. I was finding that part of the newest animated series to be a bit ‘more there’ but no Cartoon Network in HD caused me to lose interest.

There is something else that is not the travesty of storytelling (at least as far as the film and about half of season 1 from my viewing) you may have been led to believe.

• @LHoffman:

@frimmel:

Are atrocious!

No seriously… Jar Jar was a mistake and Hayden Christiansen did better in Episode III, but they still could have come up with someone better.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith may be my favorite one, but I feel compelled to go with an original, so I choose Episode IV: A New Hope.

Revenge of the Sith is my favorite because Palpatine is my favorite character and he is best in Episode III.
    @LHoffman:

@strategic:

well that changed when i watched 1 last night. on the vcr container it said the trilogy, which must be 1,2,and3. but on the scrolling in the beggening it said Episode IV, a new hope.

That should be okay… In fact it is best if you watch them in the order they were made: IV, V, VI and then I, II, III. It just seems to fit perfectly that way.

I agree that they should be watched in the order that they were released.

• One of the main problems with HC’s acting was the fact he wasn’t given much to work with in terms of the script. He’s done much better in other movies such as Jumper and some of his non-SW movies. It’s just the Ep. 2 and 3 scripts didn’t give him much to work with. And besides which, Portman didn’t give him much either to act off against. She was just “there” as a body but not an actor. Those movies paid for her university education.

@The:

One of the main problems with HC’s acting was the fact he wasn’t given much to work with in terms of the script.

A bad script may be one of the main reasons. I will say that a bad script will ruin any movie with good actors… but Hayden just did not act well in Star Wars… at least in Ep. II.
    He seemed overly childish and not entirely believable. Part of that is the script, but annother aspect is just… well, him. He didn’t pull it off well.

Like I said though… Episode III was an improvement. But that might be because it also had a better, more serious, darker script. I cannot critique HC’s overall acting because I don’t think I have watched anything he was in except Star Wars.

• Episode VI all the way, i like the big space battle at the very end, although i tried recreating the exact same battle with the exact same units as the movie in my computer game Empire at War and I must say its impossible for the rebells to win in that version…(the death star always blows up my Calamari Cruisers aka Battle Ships)…but then again the rebels won because the force was with them  :-D

• @strategic:

Never watched Star Wars? Thought Lucas had reached the entire world with his series. Well my wife has never ate a Mc Donalds Big Mac.

• @ABWorsham:

@strategic:

Never watched Star Wars? Thought Lucas had reached the entire world with his series. Well my wife has never ate a Mc Donalds Big Mac.

That is in no way a black mark against anyone.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m