• The destroyer in z45 should make it impossible for Japan to take India by turn 3, as it will allow the UK fleet to screen India on turn 3, or am i mistaken?

• Ah well i just looked at the map again and i was mistaken. Actually i dont see what difference that destroyer makes since the carolines fleet can still go to Java on turn 1. I thought the intention was to block this move?

• Customizer

You’re right, I can go through sz55 to get there and avoid the DD.

• @fanofbond:

Now all I need is this to be edited in the errata so my play group will accept the change.

I agree. I will only accept this change if it is printed in the errata. it needs to be more official than what seems like what Larry just said that “he liked”

• Customizer

Larry hasn’t finalized what he wants yet.

• @The:

@fanofbond:

Now all I need is this to be edited in the errata so my play group will accept the change.

I agree. I will only accept this change if it is printed in the errata. it needs to be more official than what seems like what Larry just said that “he liked”

I totally agree. I like to have changes done officially or semi-officially in the case of LHTR.
    AARe is an exception because it just totally owns, plus it has years of play testing and editing and multiple people input. If you haven’t tried it, do.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Good to see Larry has noticed the issues and is working with us to correct them.

I’m dissapointed this couldn’t be done before but at least its getting done.

Recall that we have already had official setup changes for Phi and New Zealand too. I guess the retuning process is a constant thing.

• Customizer

@Wilson2:

@The:

@fanofbond:

I totally agree. I like to have changes done officially or semi-officially in the case of LHTR.
    AARe is an exception because it just totally owns, plus it has years of play testing and editing and multiple people input. If you haven’t tried it, do.

He is not going to officially accept it until it gets playtested.  So why not do a little playtesting for him?  Better to make corrections now than after it becomes official.

• Larrys latest list of possible changes (from his forum):
    The new list (08/03/10 3PM) seems to be:

1. Simply move the BB and 2 transports back to India
    2. Swap the BB with the cruiser and…move transports back to India
    3. Add one ANZAC fighter to Queensland.
    4. Add a naval base to New South Wales
    5. Reduce Japanese air force to some extent.
    6. Beef up China (particularly by adding an AA gun).
    7. Pull back transports but leave battleship.

• Yea if you read through the entire forum thread Larry has said those(above) ere his possible changes. He then asks us to playtest these ideas and fill him in on what change(s) will work in making the j1 attack a choice to attack rather than the beat and strongest time to attack. I suggest reading the thread at larrys site and then you will fully understand why he is considering those choices. (though from the names I saw the people who are posting over there are the same people as from here). If you haven’t seen this thread on larrys site go now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m