• After Napoleonic Wars game is done I will make this!

Powers

UK
    France
    Germany
    Russia
    Ottoman Empire
    Austria-Hungary

It starts in 1915.

Units

Infantry
    Artillery
    Poison Infantry
    Tank
    Fighter

Fighters are new air units
    Artillery are replacing Cannon
    Poison Infantry are strong Infantry that are upgraded Infantry
    Tanks are replacing Calvary.

• What about US, Italy, and Bulgaria?

• mine ww1s better because every power how did somthing in eyrope is factored side:
    germany 9ipcs
    austria-bulgaria 7ipcs
    ottoman empire 13ipcs

uk-us(usa joins turn 10) 27/40ipcs(40=amaricas income uk-us player must keep them seperate)
    france-italy-greece-serbia 18 ipcs
    russia-romania 25ipcs

me and my dad are on a seconded play test ask me if you want CURRENT SETUP(setup may change again only seconded play test)

• @calvinhobbesliker:

What about US, Italy, and Bulgaria?

US is going to receive a special rule.
    Bulgaria will be either German or Austrian
    Italy will be French or British

• WW1 is a very interesting war, were you thinking of ideas for creating fronts, such as trench lines and that sort of thing?

• @Himilayas:

WW1 is a very interesting war, were you thinking of ideas for creating fronts, such as trench lines and that sort of thing?

Maybe, but this game will not be published it will be made on the computer and put it on a site, but if anyone actually would play this it’s not out till like 2011 or 2012.

• @Dylan:

Units

Poison Infantry

If you want upgraded infantry in your game, you might want to simply call them Upgraded Infantry or Elite Infantry, two terms that would be immediately understandable.  It would be a better choice than “Poison Infantry”, a term that as far as I know never existed.  Poison gas was definitely used in WWI, but it was simply released against enemy lines under favourable wind conditions and followed up by a conventional attack.  Attacking troops might have worn gas masks if they attacked before the gas had cleared, but this would not have made them special infantry (any more than the gas masks worn by the defending troops would have made them special).  The best example of true WWI elite troops that I can think of were the Stormtrooper units (“Stosstrupen”) used by Germany towards the end of the war.  They were specially trained to use infiltration tactics, a method of attack which was arguably the most effective way for troops to deal with the trench environment of WWI.  These tactics were the forerunner of the way in which modern infantry operates.  The British also started using infiltration tactics towards the end of the way (though without the catchy Star Wars-like name for their infantry), so I don’t think there would be a historical problem with each side in your game having a category of Elite Infantry.

• @CWO:

@Dylan:

Units

Poison Infantry

If you want upgraded infantry in your game, you might want to simply call them Upgraded Infantry or Elite Infantry, two terms that would be immediately understandable.  It would be a better choice than “Poison Infantry”, a term that as far as I know never existed.  Poison gas was definitely used in WWI, but it was simply released against enemy lines under favourable wind conditions and followed up by a conventional attack.  Attacking troops might have worn gas masks if they attacked before the gas had cleared, but this would not have made them special infantry (any more than the gas masks worn by the defending troops would have made them special).  The best example of true WWI elite troops that I can think of were the Stormtrooper units (“Stosstrupen”) used by Germany towards the end of the war.  They were specially trained to use infiltration tactics, a method of attack which was arguably the most effective way for troops to deal with the trench environment of WWI.  These tactics were the forerunner of the way in which modern infantry operates.  The British also started using infiltration tactics towards the end of the way (though without the catchy Star Wars-like name for their infantry), so I don’t think there would be a historical problem with each side in your game having a category of Elite Infantry.

hehe. Alright Elite Infantry.

• I think you should add cavalry because the British had a cavalry division at the start of the war. Also the ANZAC’s had cavalry divisions even though the did not use them in Gallopoli and will you include rules about terrain such as the hills in turkey that meant the ANZAC infantry became fodder. Also will there be sea units used for transportation? You could also create a tech that meant Art could fire poison rounds that decreased Inf def and also killed halve of Inf stack.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m