• Dunkirk included French Units too so thts why.

• @SgtBlitz:

There have to be at least 2 if not 3 (or even 4) fighters in the UK at setup since it says “fighterS” in the UK setup card.

Uh, yeaaaahhhhhh……  And isn’t this game made by the same people who put “artilley” on the setup card, and didn’t put Honolulu on Hawaii, and had a major complex in Australia, and a minor on New Zealand, etc etc etc

More convincing is the picture with a chip under the fighter.  Not convincing - the plural of “fighter” being on the setup card  :lol:

• Also, Russia as a counter to Britain in AAE40 is even more laughable than before; they have a fricking battleship in the Baltic and only 2 tanks at game start!  At least in this game they have 2 fighters to start with, so hopefully it’ll feel more like a Revised game than a AA50 '41.  Still, Germany has options before it has to go to war with them now, so plenty of time to prepare for Barbarossa.

If Germany manages to KO the UK round 2, I wonder if it starts global war dec early or if the neutrality will still be standing through round 3.  Germany with 80+ IPCs from taking UK AND having a full fleet capable of retaking Britain or invading the Soviet Union at the drop of a hat AND having 2 major ICs to build units will be nigh unstoppable for the remaining Allied players if they can’t automatically war dec that round.  Hopefully there’ll be some special rules in place so that Britain can fight on from Canada and/or America and Russia enter the war early upon London’s fall.

I’m also thinking that Berlin is possibly a minor IC instead of a major IC so that the Reds have even more time to get their ground units built up before the endless waves of tanks arrive from Western Germany.  Not that it matters much if Britain has fallen, but it might be some kind of attempt at balancing German tank builds against Russia.

• @oztea:

G1 sealion is impossibe
    there is a UK destroyer and Fremch cruiser blocking in the German Navy. Past that, touching the UK are 2 sets of Battlship + Transport.

By G2 im sure there will be more UK units there

Also a French infantry starts in UK for some reason.

The Sealion attempt posted is a G2 attack.  This will be after G1 sub + plane attacks on lone British/French naval units, plus the Germans have a Battleship and Cruiser themselves to attack the naval units blocking SZ 112 (looks like 2 cruisers, 1 french and 1 british).  Both SZ 110 and 111 battleships are in range of the 6 german planes based in Western Germany and subs based in SZs nearby.  It also looks like Germany can build naval units from its major IC in Western Germany into SZ 112 to fortify the fleet that survives; 1 trans at start plus 3 more built equals 4 trans, which is plenty of carrying capacity to attempt a Sealion.  Germany with its starting 30 IPCs could even build a destroyer into the SZ 112 fleet or even another transport G1 to have even more firepower to threaten England Round 2 (1 bb 1 cru 1 dd 4 trans or 1 bb 1 cru 5 trans!!! :mrgreen:).  I’m thinking the Brits will start the game with at least 4 fighters in England for a reason, to prevent easy Sealion builds into SZ 112 like this one.  So this scenario is unlikely.  Plus it will probably postpone or even nullify a half-hearted attack into France, which may have the dice roll against it and not likely to be be successful or attempted.  So its kinda risky leaving the backdoor open for both France and Russia to take advantage of.

It may be unlikely Germany will get away with this if they don’t crush France with everything they’ve got at game start, (since this Sealion will require at least 4 tanks and 4 inf to be left in Western Germany) but I think it might be a fun gamble to take.  France really doesn’t have the offensive units to threaten Germany if it survives Round 1 anyway, and since Germany builds first with a major IC bordering France it shouldn’t be too difficult to block them.

• It also might be possible for Germany to just build 2 trans and 1 carrier G1 in SZ 112 to make sure the fleet doesn’t get splashed by the 2 (or 3 or 4) UK fighters UK1.  But with only 6 land units to invade the UK from 3 well-protected transports, well, maybe Sealion is suicidal after all…  Guess we’ll find out.

• looks like us/canada (but realy just the us)will have a hard time getting to the uk

• @cminke:

looks like us/canada (but realy just the us)will have a hard time getting to the uk

thats the way it should be

• @cminke:

look at the attached pic is this true and what are the circled things
    edit: also what’s up with the chips? there just sitting ther w/ noting on them!

I think the circled things are where somebody reviewing the game thought:  “WHAT… THE… *%^$…”

Finland’s ambiguity probably represents the Winter War the Finns fought against Russia.  IF Russia decides to invade Finland R1 they might or might not take it outright depending on how many units pop up plus how well they roll.  I’m not sure if Germany can “liberate” pro-Axis Finland with an inf from Norway G1 and get those inf plus Finland’s IPCs for essentially free, but it might be something the Axis can do.  Not sure with the new pro-allied/axis neutral rules.

Dude is probably wondering what happened to the Dard for Italy… you have to invade Turkey this time, man!  Jeez, I’m sure the Turks will be happy to let the Italian Regia Marina sail right on through for free.  He is also wondering what’s the point of the 3 tiny allied nations off Brazil.  I think they make great rest stops for allied planes headed to Africa.

I myself am concerned about Malta, but since I like playing Axis more than Allies, Fortress Malta as a pushover is no biggie for me.  The chip off Africa is 2 british infantry in Alexandria and the guy on top is taking a nap somewhere.

• @SgtBlitz:

@cminke:

look at the attached pic is this true and what are the circled things
    edit: also what’s up with the chips? there just sitting ther w/ noting on them!

I think the circled things are where somebody reviewing the game thought:  “WHAT… THE… *%^$…”

Finland’s ambiguity probably represents the Winter War the Finns fought against Russia.  IF Russia decides to invade Finland R1 they might or might not take it outright depending on how many units pop up plus how well they roll.  I’m not sure if Germany can “liberate” pro-Axis Finland with an inf from Norway G1 and get those inf plus Finland’s IPCs for essentially free, but it might be something the Axis can do.  Not sure with the new pro-allied/axis neutral rules.

Dude is probably wondering what happened to the Dard for Italy… you have to invade Turkey this time, man!  Jeez, I’m sure the Turks will be happy to let the Italian Regia Marina sail right on through for free.  He is also wondering what’s the point of the 3 tiny allied nations off Brazil.  I think they make great rest stops for allied planes headed to Africa.

I myself am concerned about Malta, but since I like playing Axis more than Allies, Fortress Malta as a pushover is no biggie for me.  The chip off Africa is 2 british infantry in Alexandria and the guy on top is taking a nap somewhere.

If you look close enough you see theres a fighter in the chip.

• Also, in that last picture (which I think is Round 1 setup), there definitely appears to be chips under that UK fighter placed in England.  The dude even has it circled with a green check-mark.  So that must mean its something good.

• @SgtBlitz:

Also, in that last picture (which I think is Round 1 setup), there definitely appears to be chips under that UK fighter placed in England.  The dude even has it circled with a green check-mark.  So that must mean its something good.

1. that 'dude" is me
    2. thats a fighter no checkmark
    3. this is djensens photo showing set up

• @lnmajor:

@cminke:

looks like us/canada (but realy just the us)will have a hard time getting to the uk

thats the way it should be

Amen.  I hate those quick and easy shucks!  Hate 'em!

• LOL LOL LOL!!!  Italy has 3 mechanized inf in Tobruk???  And England has NONE in Alexandria or Egypt???   That is completely bass-ackwards.

Tobruk:  Italy  4 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 3 Mechanized Infantry, 1 Tank

Alexandria:  Britain  2 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Tank, 1 Fighter

Egypt:  Britain  1 Infantry 1 Artillery

Not that it really matters unit-wise whether you’re attacking with regular inf or mech inf, but the Africa setup is completely bogus.  Not only were Italy’s forces tied down due to lack of transportation/supplies, they were also facing British units with superior firepower in tanks and planes.  It should be more like:

Tobruk:  Italy  7 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Tank

Alexandria:  Britain  3 Mechanized Infantry, 1 Artillery, 3 Tanks, 2 Fighters

I guess don’t be teaching historical lessons with AA games, lol again.

• @Proud:

@SgtBlitz:

Also, in that last picture (which I think is Round 1 setup), there definitely appears to be chips under that UK fighter placed in England.  The dude even has it circled with a green check-mark.  So that must mean its something good.

1. that 'dude" is me

1. Wasn’t sure who posted the pic, just staying up late posting before I lose internet for a few days moving; plus we have no a/c in the house tonight. FUN TIMES!!!
    2. As in “YES!  There is more than one british fighter on the capital at game start!”?  (There has to be, RAF fanboy Axis and Allies junkies would have Larry’s head at the next Gen-Con.)
    3.  Ah cool so he’s the dude who set up the game for us!  Thanks djensens!

• maybe they think the minor IC in South Africa counters the lack of Brit troops in N Africa? still doesnt sound right to me. especially with NOTHING IN MALTA!

• i think it might be 4 figs in the uk.

• @cminke:

@Proud:

@SgtBlitz:

1. that 'dude" is me

i put the check mark there saying there are figs, and i circled other things i was courious ablot!

1. sorry i thought you were talking bout my pic not yours,
    2. let me see what i can do with it.

• Incase you cant read
    South america territories no ipcs
    Fin=Pro Axis
    Swe=True
    Malta is in the middle of the med
    Greece is whAT IS WEST OF TURKEY
    only one im not sure of is in egypt maybe inf?

aae402.jpg

• @Dany:

i think it might be 4 figs in the uk.

I am sure there are 4 ftrs in the UK. Look at the setup chart closely + look at the shot of DJensen after Soviet Union turn 2. Plus UK also sank the Bismarck on turn 1. You can’t do that with 1 ftr.

• The one west of syria is cyprus. missed it

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m