• OK, this might have already been asked, but im not going to look through 6 pgs to find it. Does anyone know why the minor french ic is in normandy instead of southern france? Southern is worth more, it has Vichy in it and it gives a possible german outlet to the med.

• I guess they wanted the french and eventually germans to have a hard time building ships UK navy will surround them if they build there.

• You need to read more. This is the setup

United Kingdom  29 IPC:
    Alexandria:2 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Tank, 1 Fighter
    Anglo Egypt Sudan: 1 Infantry
    Egypt: 1 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Naval Base
    France: 1 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Tank
    Gibraltar:1 Air Base, 1 Naval Base
    Iceland: 1 Air Base
    New Brunswick: 1 Naval Base
    Ontario:1 Infantry
    Quebec:1 Infantry, 1 Tank 1 Minor IC
    United Kingdom: 1 Infantry, 1 AA Gun, 1 Fighter, 1 Major IC, 1 Air Base, 1 Naval Base
    Union of South Africa: 2 Infantry, 1 Minor IC, 1 Naval Base
    West India: 1 Infantry
    Sea Zone 71:1 Destroyer
    Sea Zone 85: 1 Cruiser
    Sea Zone 91: 1 Destroyer 1 Carrier, 1 Tactical Bomber
    Sea Zone 98:1 Cruiser, 1 Transport
    Sea Zone 106:1 Destroyer, 1 Transport
    Sea Zone 109:1 Destroyer, 1 Transport
    Sea Zone 110: 1 Destroyer, 1 Battleship
    Sea Zone 111: 1 Cruiser, 1 Battleship
    Sea Zone 112: 1 Cruiser

• @Imperious:

You need to read more. This is the setup

United Kingdom  29 IPC:
    Alexandria:2 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Tank, 1 Fighter
    Anglo Egypt Sudan: 1 Infantry
    Egypt: 1 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Naval Base
    France: 1 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Tank
    Gibraltar:1 Air Base, 1 Naval Base
    Iceland: 1 Air Base
    New Brunswick: 1 Naval Base
    Ontario:1 Infantry
    Quebec:1 Infantry, 1 Tank 1 Minor IC
    United Kingdom: 1 Infantry, 1 AA Gun, 1 Fighter, 1 Major IC, 1 Air Base, 1 Naval Base
    Union of South Africa: 2 Infantry, 1 Minor IC, 1 Naval Base
    West India: 1 Infantry
    Sea Zone 71:1 Destroyer
    Sea Zone 85: 1 Cruiser
    Sea Zone 91: 1 Destroyer 1 Carrier, 1 Tactical Bomber
    Sea Zone 98:1 Cruiser, 1 Transport
    Sea Zone 106:1 Destroyer, 1 Transport
    Sea Zone 109:1 Destroyer, 1 Transport
    Sea Zone 110: 1 Destroyer, 1 Battleship
    Sea Zone 111: 1 Cruiser, 1 Battleship
    Sea Zone 112: 1 Cruiser

1 correction id like to suggest is that there should be 4 fighters on UK. It says 4 on box + theres a chip under on setup pics so that is probably it.

• Stop looking at the picture of a game being played and start looking at the picture of the setup. The truth is with the second.

• That is what im looking at. Im looking at djensens setup picture. Im also looking at the setup on the box.

• That is what im looking at. Im looking at djensens setup picture. Im also looking at the setup on the box.

NO!

Look at the PICTURE of the set up card. Not either of those you listed. This is not rocket science.

• Sorry to be difficult but to make it perfectly clear ill attach what im looking at primarily.

aae1940-5930_preview.jpg

• secondly im looking at this. It is the setup.

tm3s.jpg

• The first picture has been extrapolated for you. Use that.

The second picture is what people playing the game for the first time did… don’t go by that.

• Im just using the second as a “proving my point pic”. The first one is what im mostly using. I believe its 4. If you want to chane,change. If you dont,dont. I make my point.

• IL, stop being an ass and change it to anything more than one.  :-)

• As frustrating as this is……a word of the wise “dont p**s off the moderator.”

• Actually IL knows I am not trying to piss of the moderator, but I am just making fun of your discussion.

Ok, seriously, IL, I understand your point that it might be one fighter and if you want to keep it that way for now, that’s ok. It’s your post. However it would be really sad if UK started off with one ftr on her island… Talking about historically incorrect setups…

Plus, this would also mean a misprint on the setup card as it clearly says fighters.

• il look closer a 1 is strigter look at the numberas before and after it. they are stright. the fighterS are sort of wide and 3ish

• @gamerman01:

@Proud:

@savage:

I think it says that there are 4 fighters in the UK

Still think its 3 cause i looked at other 4s and its not the same blur. any other opinions?

Sure looks like “1 fighters” to me……

Ah, vindication.  :-D

• Guys:

Just look at the picture of the set up card. Thats the only proof to determine what the set up is.

You cant go by what PEOPLE did and took a picture of. People who never played before make mistakes

Secondly, the set up is the primary documentation because thats what you go by to set up the game. You don’t go by a “picture of the map with pieces” do you?

The only question is to determine the values of the quantity of pieces, due to the unclear nature of the numbers. That remains speculation except that the same result has been confirmed by others, compiled and posted in its clearest form.

Take what is posted ( the set up on page one) and discuss difference from what you think it reads. Thats the only topic here for discussion.

• @gamerman01:

@SgtBlitz:

There have to be at least 2 if not 3 (or even 4) fighters in the UK at setup since it says “fighterS” in the UK setup card.

Uh, yeaaaahhhhhh……  And isn’t this game made by the same people who put “artilley” on the setup card, and didn’t put Honolulu on Hawaii, and had a major complex in Australia, and a minor on New Zealand, etc etc etc

More convincing is the picture with a chip under the fighter.  Not convincing - the plural of “fighter” being on the setup card  :lol:

:-D

• lets stop annoying IL. Im just saying I barely use the pic. Infact I havent used it till today!

Anyway i think theres 4 there. Anyone back me up?

• @Proud:

lets stop annoying IL.

!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m