Should the germans go before or after the british?

• it is so unfair that germany gets to go before UK because Strategic Planner usually invades UK. should i insist on uk and ussr go before germany? would USSR and UK going first then germany help or hurt the allies and would it help or hurt the axis?

• I think they should go first like AA50 because it makes more sence. The allies should be responding to Axis attacks and not the other way around.

• you need to remember that this version is … A&A Spring 1942.  which means this game is a simulation of what would happen between the powers from that date on.  According to this game Pearl harbor already happened…Pearl harbor attack was on Dec. 7 1941… which is what brought America to declare war on japan and rally to the war effort.  thus, the game plays as if the war was already being fought.  dont forget Germany didnt start the war controlling all of europe. In this game when Japan goes… the standard move is to attack hawaii… technically the forces you use to attack hawaii consist of the fleet that japan withdrew from the initial pearl harbor attack.  which is also why there are no Battleships in hawaii, when historically Hawaii was the concentration of the pacific fleet for america.

• @nutbar:

it is so unfair that germany gets to go before UK because Strategic Planner usually invades UK. should i insist on uk and ussr go before germany? would USSR and UK going first then germany help or hurt the allies and would it help or hurt the axis?

I personally would refuse to play a game of AA42 as Axis if the Russia and the UK played first than Germany.

• @Hobbes:

@nutbar:

it is so unfair that germany gets to go before UK because Strategic Planner usually invades UK. should i insist on uk and ussr go before germany? would USSR and UK going first then germany help or hurt the allies and would it help or hurt the axis?

I personally would refuse to play a game of AA42 as Axis if the Russia and the UK played first than Germany.

I have to second that. You think it is unfair for the UK as it is? It would be far more unbalanced if Uk and Russia got to beat up on Germany first.

• No we have this setup solid in our minds
    1. USSR
    2. Germany
    3. UK
    4. Japan
    5. US

We will never forget!

• @nutbar:

Germany can only invade with 2 land units and planes in the 1st turn… thats not enough to conquer UK unless you Miss all your AA gun shots, and All your Unit defenses on the 1st cycle of defense dice rolls, and Miss again on your all your defenses in the 2nd Cycle of dice rolls. 
    … germany can only send … 1 inf., 1 Tank, 1 Bomber, 2 Fighters.  UK has 2 Inf., 1 Art., 1 Tank, 2 Fighters, 1 Bomber, and the AAgun gets a shot at Each plane.

now if you mean on the 2nd turn … then that means UK goes before germany invades… if you see he buys transports and moves units in range of attack… then when you go with UK you will need to Buy units so you can Defend the Homeland.  and USA can send some units if need be, like a fighter, or land units if you absolutely need them.  chances are he wont be able to invade on the 2nd turn with that build up on Britain

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m