My review copy of Axis & Allies Europe 1940 has arrived

• '10

interesting

While the Soviet Union is at war, place 2 infantry units in Novosibirsk during every Deploy Units phase as long as other units are deployed during that phase.

• Suposed to mean what?..…Siberian troops comin in?

But i like the idea!

• I can’t wait!!!  :-o

• Same here :roll:

• djensen, would it be to much trouble to put together a chart showing all the neutrals (Europe, Mid East, Africa, and S America etc). I can see some of them, but can’t make out others. I have looked through the many pictures you have posted on set-up, and during the game you are playing (very cool).  I understand if not able to do so, because you are playing the game, or attending to other requests.

If possible list their starting alliance (pro axis, pro ally, or strict). The standing armies, and the value of the territory.

Some thing like:
    Finland -pro axis-4 inf/worth 2 ipc
    Yugo    -pro ally-5 inf/worth 2 ipc
    Sweden-strict   -6 inf/worth 3 ipc

• @amittayal76:

djenson, would it be to much trouble to put together a chart showing all the neutrals (Europe, Mid East, Africa, and S America etc).
    If possible list their starting alliance (pro axis, pro ally, or strict). The standing armies, and the value of the territory.

These are sourced from DJensen’s photos of the map on the main page (and lots of squinting). I’m uncertain on a few; they have question marks.

Strict:
    Afghanistan, 0, 4 INF
    Angola, 1, 2 INF
    Argentina, 2, 1 INF?
    Bolivia, 0, 0
    Chile, 2?, 2 INF?
    Columbia, 0, 0
    Ecuador, 0, 0
    Liberia, 0, 0
    Mozambique, 1, 2 INF
    Paraguay, 0, 0
    Peru, 0, 0
    Portugal, 1, 2 INF
    Portuguese Guinea, 0, 0
    Rio de Oro, 0, 0
    Saudi Arabia, 2, 2 INF
    Sierra Leone, 0, 0
    Spain, 2, 6 INF
    Sweden, 3, 6 INF
    Switzerland, 0, 2 INF?
    Turkey, 2, 8 INF
    Uruguay, 0, 0
    Venezuela, 2, 2 INF

Pro-Allies:
    Brazil, 2, 3 INF
    Crete, 0, 0
    Eastern Persia, 0, 0
    Eire, 0, 0
    Greece, 2, 4 INF
    Northwestern Persia, 0, 0
    Persia, 2, 2 INF
    Yugoslavia, 2, 5 INF

Pro-Axis:
    Bulgaria, 1, 4 INF
    Finland, 2, 4 INF
    Iraq, 2, 3 INF

Impassable:
    Pripet Marshes
    Sahara Desert

• Founder TripleA Admin

Would it be too much trouble to spell my name correctly?  :-P

I’ll do it later.

@amittayal76:

djenson, would it be to much trouble to put together a chart showing all the neutrals (Europe, Mid East, Africa, and S America etc). I can see some of them, but can’t make out others. I have looked through the many pictures you have posted on set-up, and during the game you are playing (very cool).  I understand if not able to do so, because you are playing the game, or attending to other requests.

……

wholesale computers
    locksmith

• Can you ban that dude already - he is constantly spamming the forums with stuff.

• @djensen:

Would it be too much trouble to spell my name correctly?  :-P

I’ll do it later.

Oops sorry  :oops: Thanks in advance.

Also thanks for your effort D_Runyon, it is helpful.

• '19

Is there a different setup for the Global game or is the Global setup just the sum of Pac 40 and Europe 40?

• i believe the global setup adds

1. 1 anzac infantry to egypt
    2. 18 total infantry in 3 seperate russian territory near manchuria

• thanks dj for the pics, updates, and previews to the rules.

i feel i can play straight oob with the info you have provided.  very clear and easy to understand.  love the neutrals rules.

for the record i WILL play aae40 for the first few games before i try out the global.

• I wonder: jensen did not say that the Soviets place the 2 units into Novosibirsk for free

when I read that I initially thought he meant that if the Soviets do indeed build/deploy units in a turn they must deploy at least 2 inf into Novosibirsk; in other words, if the Soviets build or deploy units thay have to buy units as usual, but at least 2 inf must go into Novosibirsk

I just thought it was clever way to not allow the Soviets to stack the borders in anticipation of the German attack they historically were indeed unprepared for.

So are those 2 inf units free or do they cost the Soviets but are still a mandatory placement?

• Sorry if dj or Krieghund already answered this.
    With Sardinia and Sicily both being in the same sz, are you allowed to scramble from them if you build an AB on either one?

If yes then it is possible for opposing powers to have scramble abilities in the same sz (provided they both build an AB).

• @D_Runyon:

@amittayal76:

djenson, would it be to much trouble to put together a chart showing all the neutrals (Europe, Mid East, Africa, and S America etc).

These are sourced from DJensen’s photos of the map on the main page (and lots of squinting). I’m uncertain on a few; they have question marks.

Strict:
    Afghanistan, 0, 4 INF
    Angola, 1, 2 INF
    Argentina, 2, 1 INF?
    Bolivia, 0, 0
    Chile, 2?, 2 INF?
    Columbia, 0, 0
    Ecuador, 0, 0
    Liberia, 0, 0
    Mozambique, 1, 2 INF
    Paraguay, 0, 0
    Peru, 0, 0
    Portugal, 1, 2 INF
    Portuguese Guinea, 0, 0
    Rio de Oro, 0, 0
    Saudi Arabia, 2, 2 INF
    Sierra Leone, 0, 0
    Spain, 2, 6 INF
    Sweden, 3, 6 INF
    Switzerland, 0, 2 INF?
    Turkey, 2, 8 INF
    Uruguay, 0, 0
    Venezuela, 2, 2 INF

Pro-Allies:
    Brazil, 2, 3 INF
    Crete, 0, 0
    Eastern Persia, 0, 0
    Eire, 0, 0
    Greece, 2, 4 INF
    Northwestern Persia, 0, 0
    Persia, 2, 2 INF
    Yugoslavia, 2, 5 INF

Pro-Axis:
    Bulgaria, 1, 4 INF
    Finland, 2, 4 INF
    Iraq, 2, 3 INF

Impassable:
    Pripet Marshes
    Sahara Desert

Is Persia all together considered one or is it considered different?

• When I play Germany I will bring Sweden and Spain into the fold, no matter what!  :evil:

• @Raeder:

When I play Germany I will bring Sweden and Spain into the fold, no matter what!  :evil:

You see thats a bully.

• TripleA

@Raeder:

When I play Germany I will bring Sweden and Spain into the fold, no matter what!  :evil:

your attacks on sweden and spain would have to be very strategic. it will give the allies a potenial 41 infantry in nuetrals that just sided with them. thats an extra 123ipc worth of units!

• @allweneedislove:

@Raeder:

your attacks on sweden and spain would have to be very strategic. it will give the allies a potenial 41 infantry in nuetrals that just sided with them. thats an extra 123ipc worth of units!

Germany needs its Lebensraum.  :-P

• I like the idea of Germany attacking Spain.  That means that the US can land troops in Europe on the same turn they leave.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m