• long time lurker, first time member just curious as to best route, please give pros/ cons. thanks in advance :-D

• For the Allies or for the Axis?

• it all depends on Allied movement.

• This is a decent question. I voted “other”. Now let me give you my thoughts on the matter.

I don’t think that China is the best way through Asia unless the Allies have left it undefended. The north-eastern Russian border is a much easier way through, and allows Japan to take some easy IPCs away from Russia. Likewise, India gives you the option of attacking the Caucuses, or moving into Africa. The China route doesn’t allow this versatility.

That may seem like an overly simple analysis, so if you’d like me to elaborate on my reasoning, let me know.

• the china route keeps the US off the continent… so you can argue it is the better way.  if you leave china alone US can build a factory and get units into the war faster

• Good point. Allow me to elaborate on this.

I’ll usually take over China on J1 to make sure that America doesn’t build an IC on Sinkiang, but I don’t use that as my route through Asia. I just hold China, and use the Russian or Indian route to move through Asia.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m