• Jack,

Great news! The french tanks will be much smaller than your other sets (I.e. Axis & Allies size) right?

• @Lunarwolf:

soo jack you never answered if the planes are same size as the A&A

Once I create the cad models it is easy to scale them to any size.  When I get to that point I will check back and get the measurements from you folks.  :?

• @reloader-1:

Jack,

Great news! The french tanks will be much smaller than your other sets (I.e. Axis & Allies size) right?

Even with my scale the French tanks are small.  I will measure them once I have the CAD models and let you know how big they are. 
    I have to get to bed and rest for my trip to GenCon.  I’ll check back here next week Monday when I return.

• Awesome! I’m loving it!

I will have exact measurements of the varios A&A tanks, and the Hotchkiss should slot in at the very low end of that range. I will look at blueprints for the SOMUA and Char B1 and get the approximate dimensions. They are very distinct tanks which helps a lot.

• Customizer

Hello All,
    I just got my sets of the Table Tactics new 2010 A&A pieces.  I think the tanks look really cool and I love getting them because I’m kind of addicted to collecting these little pieces.  They sure are a lot bigger than the A&A tank pieces though.  I thought from the pictures they would be close in size but they are almost double the size of A&A tanks.  I don’t think they would fit well on the A&A game maps.

Also, I don’t think all of the tanks are propotionate to each other.  For instance, the TT Sherman tank is as big as the Tiger tank and bigger than the Panther.  In realitiy, the Sherman was a fair amount smaller than either the Tiger or the Panther.  I don’t have the actual dimensions at hand, but I’m pretty sure the Sherman was physically smaller.

They are still great pieces to collect and I’m sure they could be used for other games, or maybe if you had a bigger A&A map.  I still plan to get the other countries when they become available.

• Another vote for smaller tanks! I think the upcoming French set will be a hit, though, if you make them in A&A scale

• Tomorrow is the last day for GenCon.  Best part of the weekend was having Richard Borg stop by and he really liked the pieces.  Of course he is not playing A&A with them but he did walk away with 2 sets of all 4 of the countries I had and will take the others when they are ready.
    One company Friday picked up a set and wants to talk about producing a complete game and I have a meeting first thing in the morning with another company that liked the pieces.
    If enough funds come in I will press forward with the second set if land unit.  Or maybe I’m just dreaming.  If so please don’t wake me.  8-)

As soon as I get home I will start the designing the French tanks.

• Yes jack, but first sell what you already made including the old colors you had from before that are not AA colors ( or save them for latter)

Step two: is change the size all tanks in scale with AA and in scale with each other in AA colors

Step three: get real infantry units for each of the 6 primary nations ( Germany, Italy, Japan, UK, USA, Soviets )… just one infantry, latter make airborne or perhaps one alternate

Step four is get the rest of the normal armies completely outfitted: this means air and naval

3 planes ( fighter, fighter-bomber, bomber)

6 naval ( battleship, carrier, cruiser, destroyer, sub, transport)

Step five: Contact game companies to use your pieces ( Xeno games, Worthington Games, Eagle games, Pegasus hobbies,)

Get more pictures of all these pieces on your updated website, with all these new products

2 cents worth here.

• Honestly, I would try to go for the A&A market while it is hot (make French in scale pieces a priority). Wouldn’t worry about inf pieces at all.

• Yea good point considering that France just got Soviet pieces for its army. But france is really a two hit fight. Germany hits france and it surrenders on G1.

Having lots of pieces you only get to see for 20 minutes is kinda off putting.

• @Imperious:

Yea good point considering that France just got Soviet pieces for its army. But france is really a two hit fight. Germany hits france and it surrenders on G1.

Having lots of pieces you only get to see for 20 minutes is kinda off putting.

Its al ot of people here that also play the Wargame and the Struggle, and we want all the French pieces

• And people buy A&A for the visual appeal. Also, lots of us will play alternate scenarios (1939, etc).

• Great news about the new releases Jack! I too enjoy other games where the new larger minis will fit right in.But as has been stated by many others,I would support your range
    regardless.The Hungarians are a nice touch.Plus a large part of the Hungarian armor was
    licensed built Swedish types,so(depending on the types represented) we have a true
    neutral represented.I hope the Toldi tanks/Nimrod mobile AA/At will be represented!

David

• Customizer

Regarding Hungary, you can’t forget the Turan I tank.  It was a pretty cool medium sized tank.  I think it was a variation on the Panzer 38(t).

• @knp7765:

Regarding Hungary, you can’t forget the Turan I tank.  It was a pretty cool medium sized tank.  I think it was a variation on the Panzer 38(t).

Hungary will have the 41.M Turan II tank & 43.M Zrinyi II tank destroyer

• Oh well,so much for the Swedes.Still looking forward to the Turan/Zyrinyi.Yeah,I think the Turan 1 was a Czech design.

• Really excited for all of these - as long as they are cut in the smaller A&A scale.

• I am excited for the hungarians in fact they are probaly they only I will buy. But I wish you would change them to axis minores instead. Plus the factio should be cheaper as they have no use for a navy.

• im actually excited for the air forces, i am willing to buy a bunch IF they are the same size as the A&A air units

• Same size as A&A….

Hmmm - do I hear an echo?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m