• Why would French pieces be that important, they wind up back in the box so quick?

Just for the satisfaction of defeating them. Plus when the allies retake France, the Germans can retake paris and defeat them again.

Do you like British units posing as France units? For the most part that is what you will get in AAE40. Jack can change that for us.

Whats the point of having Hungarian tanks?  French pieces are much more important to AA than Hungary.

• i dont see the point of Hungarian tanks.
    New house rule for all French units: on roll of 1-3 they drop their pants and run! lol

• @lnmajor:

i dont see the point of Hungarian tanks.

I do

France fight 1 year in the war, Hungary fight 5 years in the war

• @reloader-1:

+10000 to Jack making French pieces. After seeing his tanks, I know he can make a great Char B and SOMUA tank, plus mech inf, planes, etc.

Whaddya say Jack?

Have not started cutting the French.  They are last while I wait until the new A&A game comes out and I can match the color.  I made a Hotchkiss tank for the French and put in Shermans for when they they are liberated.  I will check out the Somua & Chars and see what I can do.

• @Razor:

@Table:

I have one more land unit set I want to make  :-)

Please let it be Norway.

A lot of people want to play the Invasion of Norway 1940 game, and need german and norvegian pieces, and besides the norvegian Krag-Jorgensen rifle will look great on that pidestal, not to mention the norvegian Qwizling-tanks that actually was the same size as the Tiger, only with a barely larger barrel.

Norway was not in the plan but could be added down the road if dollars allow.

• Heading out to GenCon on Wednesday and won’t be back in town until the following Monday.  I may not get much chance to post but I will catch up when I get home.

Dear I Leader
    I know you don’t like my infantry units but you could use the Thompson and the FG42 as Airborne units. ;O)

I remember my wife teasing me about playing with little army men.  This must be part of what drove me to come up with the new style infantry.

• WE CAN BLAME YOUR WIFE FOR THIS ?  :-o

• This must be part of what drove me to come up with the new style infantry.

I am very sorry for you for this. It is always best to ask the people who buy your products what the correct thing to do is, rather than your WIFE.

I never once asked my girlfriend for what house rules and maps to make for AA games or to have her train me to play better Badminton.

The sooner you get rid of these infantry the better. Nearly everyone is saying this. I see a pattern as you do.

Just get past the mistakes and move forward… and don’t repeat them.

• Are any of the new Table Tactics units AA sized?

I thought they were all much larger.

• I second ILs comments, Loose the Infantry. i want my little plastic army men damn it! :-)

• Are any of the new Table Tactics units AA sized?

I thought they were all much larger.

Some are and some are not. He has posted pictures of them by comparison on his facebook account

• Jack,

Golden opportunity for you as France is not cut yet – could you make their set the following?

Hotchkiss H35 (Light Tank)
    SOMUA S35 (Medium Tank)
    Char B1 (Heavy Tank)

Panhard 178 (Mech Inf/Armored Car)

Morane Saulnier MS.406 (Fighter)
    Bloch M.B.170 (Tac Bomber)
    Amiot 354 (Bomber)

Make these as a set, in A&A size, without any of the infantry. This is a test set – if sales are not as you expect, make the “infantry” pieces and then sell it as a normal set, without the air pieces. Win-win I think.

Just make sure the tanks and pieces are A&A scale! The Char B1 should be about the size of the T-34 or Sherman- but no bigger! The Hotchkiss should be smaller than the Japanese tank.

All other pieces should match the Axis & Allies size conventions.

Let me know what you think.

(IL –be nice to Jack! It is a pleasure for a man to have a girlfriend/wife that is interested enough in what he does to offer suggestions. If she motivated him to produce these pieces, we are definitely better off thanks to her.)

• Hotchkiss H35 (Light Tank)
    SOMUA S35 (Medium Tank)
    Char B1 (Heavy Tank)

Amiot 354 (Bomber)

yes 100%. That is the way to go.

Jack i feel that honesty is most valued because your money is on the line and you have a long history of making great products for the AA community. I must tell you what i believe to be true, so please understand this is only to help you. I will buy many sets no matter what you do just to support your efforts. I know you know that. In fact i own about 30 packs of your products over the years and i used your units for my WW1 game as well as my WW3 game.

• I just compared the set of British pieces that Jack sent me with the AA OOB.

Sorry but the scale is double for jacks pieces. In each case the tank is twice the size as my axis and allies British tank. The worst offender is that Sherman tank which makes the current British Axis and Allies tank look like a jeep compared to a tank.

I guess those pictures of his German tanks are smaller than his British tanks. I just wish everyone was the same because it is very easy to see the differences between them.

I am just buying German Italian and American and using the smaller tanks from this set. I have no idea why the British ones are so large.

I must say that the quality of plastic is really good. These will last a long time.

• @reloader-1:

+10000 to Jack making French pieces. After seeing his tanks, I know he can make a great Char B and SOMUA tank, plus mech inf, planes, etc.

Whaddya say Jack?

OK Reloader
    I tracked down prints of the Char B & Somua tanks.  Talked to my guys and told them I was adding both of these to the French tank selection. They said no problem, all they needed to do was go out and buy bigger wallets to hold more of my money.
    Looking at these tanks you understand why the French fell so fast.  8-)
    Best Regards, Jack

• Thats good news!

Hopefully the American tanks are soon going to be for sale at fairplaygames.com?

• soo jack you never answered if the planes are same size as the A&A

• He did. Look at his facebook account. He posted that already.

Also, the American pieces are for sale. I bought 2 packs of each type except British. Some of these tanks are in AA scale.

• That British tank is really larger than the picture shows. This is because its at an angle. It is about 75% larger in every respect to a British AA tank.

The two smaller US tanks are good and the 2 Italian tanks are good. I say 3 of these German tanks are acceptable.

I hope the Soviets are usable.

Now also i understand you also are buying these ‘infantry’ as i did, cut off the guns and you got a new piece!  Fortifications anyone!!

• @Imperious:

Hotchkiss H35 (Light Tank)
    SOMUA S35 (Medium Tank)
    Char B1 (Heavy Tank)

Amiot 354 (Bomber)

yes 100%. That is the way to go.

Jack i feel that honesty is most valued because your money is on the line and you have a long history of making great products for the AA community. I must tell you what i believe to be true, so please understand this is only to help you. I will buy many sets no matter what you do just to support your efforts. I know you know that. In fact i own about 30 packs of your products over the years and i used your units for my WW1 game as well as my WW3 game.

Hey Guys I have been out of work for 2 years.  The wife is paying the bills.  I told her we had to add a couple French tanks.  She was surprised the French had tanks.  Then I hit her up for the extra thousand bucks for machine time.  She just smiles and said YES you well hung hunk you.  8-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m