• ^^^^ That is what I was trying to say.

Even within unit classes pieces are not to scale with each other for uniformity’s sake. That is perfectly all right.

• I have designed a set of ships.  If you recall my destroyers and cruisers were smaller then the battleship.  I didn’t get to much flack at the time but A&A then just used generic pieces.
    Shrinking the smaller ships would make one country ships indistinguishable from another but it would make it visibly easier to tell what you have and are attacking.  The subs I designed are about half the size of the battleship and are still too big in scale.  But that allowed me to offer a periscope option (having your periscope up or down).
    What is most important to you?

• Jack,

The most important thing to me (and I think I speak for a large chunk of people here) is uniformity within classes, and uniformity to A&A convention.

If destroyers are about 48 mm long and cruisers are 52 mm long, then make all your destroyers roughly 48 mm and your cruisers 52 mm long. The key is compatability with current available pieces. (btw numbers are made up)

I’ve been a customer of yours for a long while now - remember that TT made their money by providing “accesory” pieces, not “supplementary” pieces. The best money-making way to go is to make pieces that can stand alongside current pieces, OR replace them, at the customer’s wish.

• I have designed a set of ships.  If you recall my destroyers and cruisers were smaller then the battleship.  I didn’t get to much flack at the time but A&A then just used generic pieces.
    Shrinking the smaller ships would make one country ships indistinguishable from another but it would make it visibly easier to tell what you have and are attacking.  The subs I designed are about half the size of the battleship and are still too big in scale.  But that allowed me to offer a periscope option (having your periscope up or down).
    What is most important to you?

The ships need to be in very close size by class to each AA unit so both are compatible for play.

The ships you release must have at least the same detail as the AA ships.

Central Powers ships frankly looked like putting skyscrapers on top of a row boat. The shapes of the superstructure looked like buildings and had very poor detail.

Avoid making the ships look like Eagle games Attack! and more like Axis and Allies. Attack! does not sell well and is not well received.

If i was you BEFORE you spend money…. post a picture in CAD outline of what you propose and we can give you input.

Also, check out the FMG thread on their own line of pieces. They know exactly what we need.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

@thoes426:

I found that the plastic trays from the “Superpowers” game fit perfectly into the boxes that hold the units from Pacific 40!

Can anyone upload an photo of these trays inside the pacific 40 box? Do these trays fit inside the nation specific boxes in pacific 1940?

Thanks

Bob, see below:

• Some of why my products were less detailed is the fact that CAD models were not an option back then.
    Now days that is all there is and it makes life much easier seeing the product before you have it made.

• Jack,

Your products now look amazing - very good detail. I love them! I know if/when you scale them down you will lose some detail, but the difference between your Italian tank and the original one is obvious and a great improvement.

• TT are you going to make Fighter Planes?

• @Lunarwolf:

TT are you going to make Fighter Planes?

Planes are on the list.  I have one more land unit set I want to make and then planes are after that.  :-)

• @Table:

I have one more land unit set I want to make  :-)

Please let it be Norway.

A lot of people want to play the Invasion of Norway 1940 game, and need german and norvegian pieces, and besides the norvegian Krag-Jorgensen rifle will look great on that pidestal, not to mention the norvegian Qwizling-tanks that actually was the same size as the Tiger, only with a barely larger barrel.

NorwegianKrag.jpg

• Please let it be Norway.

yes make a Quisling unit. Instead of a gun he can hold a cyanide capsule as a keepsake till 1945.

I think you should save your money and use it to make proper infantry units that we can use. Also, need airborne infantry.

• are your planes going to be the same sizes as A&A pieces?

• @Razor:

@Table:

I have one more land unit set I want to make  :-)

Please let it be Norway.

lot of people want to play the Invasion of Norway 1940 game, and need german and norvegian pieces, and besides the norvegian Krag-Jorgensen rifle will look great on that pidestal, not to mention the norvegian Qwizling-tanks that actually was the same size as the Tiger, only with a barely larger barrel.

Go on…

• Make french pieces. Thats what we need if you want to make a new set.

• @Imperious:

Make french pieces. Thats what we need if you want to make a new set.

You must be joking, who wants to play with french pieces ?

• i think your tanks need alittle tweeking, but the infantry pieces? im sorry but i dont think i would ever want to get used to them. i think alot of us AA nuts feel the same.
    i would like to see a dedicated anti-tank gun, tank destroyers,and maybe a railgun. love the idea of seperate infantry thou,(machineguners,flamethrowers,bazooka men,etc)

• You must be joking, who wants to play with french pieces ?
    Why not?

• You must be joking, who wants to play with french pieces ?

I want to conquer them as many times as possible, plus the french are using mostly British units for AAE40. Jack can at least fix this problem and get us some decent units.

• Any decent German player decimates the french within the first 2 rounds. Why would French pieces be that important, they wind up back in the box so quick?

• +10000 to Jack making French pieces. After seeing his tanks, I know he can make a great Char B and SOMUA tank, plus mech inf, planes, etc.

Whaddya say Jack?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m