• Hey guys although I’m new to the forum I’ve been playing axis and allies for a long time now and have been a frequent visitor to the site. After purchasing and playing AAP40 a bunch of times, I agree the game is broken. After playing with the immediate 40 rule the game is sooooo much more balanced. After playing multiple games it it the most even game of AA I’ve played, but the game does take much longer to finish. To spice up the game and add another level of strategy to the game my friend and I have added NAs to the game along with minor rule changes, these changes are mostly copied/built upon from the AARe enhanced rules, cudos whoever made them, you were our muse for these rules. Here they are please tell me what you think.  :-D

General Rules

Transports- For every two transports a defense roll can be made. Hits can be made on a roll of one.  Transports must still be the last to die, and only defend when they are last remaining ship(s). When determining number of dice rolls round down.

Unless otherwise stated all free units count towards IC build cap. This does not apply to units placed in territories with no IC.

On naval bombardments, units hit from bombardment do not receive a casualty roll and are immediately removed.

U.S. Immediate 40- If Japan declares war on the allied powers turn 1 (U.S., U.K., Anzac) U.S. receives an immediate 40 IPCs to spend their first turn.
    National Advantages-

-Japan chooses 3 NAs and U.S. and U.K./Anzac receive 2 each.

-U.K. and Anzac are treated as one when selecting a NA

-A National Advantage may only be selected once

-Each Power can declare only one NA/TURN

– If you lose your capital, you do not lose your Mobilize Units Phase for NA purposes.

– A nation’s NAs remain in play, even if its capital is captured.

U.K./Anzac

Units placed by a NA in U.K. or Anzac territory are respectively controlled by that power. For example: When using commonwealth units, one INF is placed in either a U.K. or Anzac original territory and take the nationality of the controlled territories power. An INF placed in New South Wales must be an Anzac piece not U.K.

1. Colonial garrison- When declared U.K./Anzac receives 15 IPCs to spent instantly on land units only to be place in the mobilize new units phase of this turn in either India or New South wales if controlled by allies. They do not count towards you mobilize unit cap per IC. Money may be split or spent entirely between either U.K or Anzac.

2. Radar- When declared place one free AA in wither India or New South Wales if controlled by allies. AAs in original U.K./Anzac territories hit with increased value of 1. i.e. hit on roll of 2 or less

3. Royal Navy- When declared place one free cruiser or a sub and a transport during your mobilize new units phase in either India or New South wales adjacent sea zone. You may place these units in a sea zone even if controlled/occupied by the enemy. Cruisers and destroyers cost one less.

4. Royal Air Force- When declared place one free fighter in any U.K./Anzac during the mobilize new units phase. Fighters and Tac bombers cost one less IPC.
    5. The Commonwealth- Place one free INF/turn during the mobilize new units phase in any originally owned and controlled U.K./Anzac territory with a value of one.

U.S.A

1. Pacific Divisions- Place one free INF/TURN during the mobilize new units phase in any Chinese controlled territory, Alsk, Haw, WUS, or Philippines if you control it. Note U.S. can only place INF in Chinese territories if Japan and U.S. are at war. INF placed in China reverts to Chinese control.

2. Marines- Place two transports and three INF during the mobilize new units phase in West U.S. and adjacent SZ. Units do not count towards IC cap and must be place during turn of declaration. During amphibious assault your INF attack on a two for the first cycle of combat. Marines can be matched 1:1 with supporting artillery and thus attack at a 3 during the first cycle of combat.

3. Naval Industry- All Capital ships (i.e. battleships and carriers) cost 2 less and all other ships cost 1 less to build (i.e. subs, transports, cruisers and destroyers).

4. Reinforced Carriers- When declared place one free carrier during your mobilize new units phase. This carrier does not count towards your IC cap. ACs can now carry one Strat Bomber instead of two fighters.

5. Hi capacity Transports- Place one free transport during your mobilize new units phase of turn of declaration. U.S. transports can carry one extra INF along with normal load.

Japan

1. Banzai Attacks- When declared place three free INF in any original and controlled Japanese territory during your mobilize new units phase. Units placed do not count toward IC cap. Your INF attack on a two during the first cycle of combat. Banzai INF can be matched 1:1 with supporting RTL and thus attack on 3 in the first cycle of combat. Note: these territories include original Japanese controlled territories in China. (i.e. Kiangsi, Kiangsu, Kwangsu, Korea, etc.)

2. Tokyo Express- DDs and cruisers gain limited transport capability. Maximum carrying capacity for DDs is one INF. Maximum carrying capacity for cruisers is two INF. DDs and Cruisers can unload only one INF during amphibious assault and may only make one amphibious assault per turn. Transports cost one less IPC.

3. Yamato Class Battleships- Your BBs attack, defend and bombard on a five. Once declared you place one free BB during your mobilize new units phase in SZ6. This BB does not count towards your IC cap.

4. Paper Planes- When declared Japan may place one free fighter during your mobilize new units phase. This unit does not count towards your IC cap. Fighters cost two less, attack on a four and lose their casualty role when defending.

5. Combined Arms- DDs can bombard with a value of two. When declared, Japan can place two free DDs in SZ 6. With the use of Tokyo Express units that participate in the sea battle may not perform a shore bombardment but may still unload units for an amphibious assault.

• Seems to me that some of the Japanese NAs are very powerful, like Yamato Class Battleships, Paper Planes and Banzai attacks. With this, Japan would be unstoppable, on the mainland and at sea. Even the extra 40 IPCs for the US wouldn’t be enough, and I would know since that’s how I play, and that’s how I’ve played from the beginning. Tone them down or replace them and/or give the Allies a bid (20-30 IPCs) and it’ll be more fair.

Nonetheless, I still love the ideas, even if I have seen them around the forums. I also love the ability to pick which ones you want to use.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m