• @jim010:

Russia will have 3 stacks of 6 inf in Siberia. Also, J1 brings the US into the war against Germany sooner, which will help Russia

Again, just a guess, but I would think that by the time those 3 stacks did anything useful, my 20 tanks and airforce are helping the Germans.  Once I’ve given the Germans those units, I’ll turtle with Japan.

Those 3 stacks are in Amur, bordering Korea/Manchuria, and territories bordering Amur. Russia goes before Japan, so it can take Korea on R1 if it wants to and stack 14-15 inf in Amur to attack Manchuria or Korea the next turn. Also, britain will build a minor factory in West India which will slow down the India crush. In fact, Indian units can retreat into West India and counterattack India

• Customizer

Everything is a guess at this point.  All I will say for sure is if I can do it, then the global game is broken too.

But I figure it will be anyway.  2 supposedly balanced games joined to make a bigger balanced game.  What am I supposed to think?

• Well its true, its propably going to be hard to balance. But it will also be a lot easier for the americans to reinforce the russians in the global game, its only 1 turn from Wus to Soviet far east, so if they want to they can put 8-9 fighters there each turn.

• As far as global goes, there are alot more options to stop the India crush.

1. Hide boats in sea zones for blocking (in the left side of the map)
    2. Contribute Europe UK troops to fighting in the pacific
    3. Russian 18 INF in the north
    4. Northern US shuck.  setting up with US1 infantry buy, followed by turn 2 armor/transport/destroyers, ending with around 10 US land troops a turn into Soviet Far East on US3 and on.  I really hope to hell this doesn’t happen, but its too appealing not to do vs a japan strat that moves troops/boats south so early.  Japan will have to have a decent force in striking range of SZ 3 at all times to prevent this.

I really think #4 is going to demand japan keeps some boats up north to prevent, and I really think #1 will be capable of delaying India crush to turn 4, and japan securing it till turn 5.

Granted if larry just swaps the BB with the cruiser, Japan cannot safely take Java, which means UK can hide blockers anyway, or build fleet, to keep india crush to a turn 4 ‘going off’ so to speak.  Which will give the US a bit more time in the north, possibly just enough time to get china and northern russia to punish japan for that move.

• '20 '18 '17 '15

If Japan manages to take India in the global game, I don’t see any 10 tank buys going on.  Unless of course America has abandoned the Pacific entirely.

For me, I think the attraction as the US would be to pool my money and dump it all in one theatre, but alternate every other turn.  I’m still dividing between theatres, but my single turn buys will come in chunks of 4-5 BBs at a time, and 1-2 loaded tt.  Imagine on J3 that there’s 6BB 2 Carriers, 1CC, 1DD, 1SS on Hawaii.

• Customizer

I’m not saying anything for sure, yet.

Looks the tank buy wouldn’t get there in time, anyway, but the planes can land in the space infront of Stalingrad on turn 5.  Or hit Stalingrad turn 5 with a German followup turn 6.  Or doing the same to Moscow turn 6.  After seeing the set-up cards, there is really nothing in the way to reinforce India against the India Crush.  I just doubt that the US can get to Tokyo by turn 3.  And by turn 4 I’ll have my $60+ to spend on whatever (stacks of inf in Tokyo) and the fleet back in Phi already.  I would think that it would take until turn 6 or 7 before Tokyo is taken at the earliest with a KJF.  The massive imbalance in scale between the 2 theatres will affect the global game in some way, I’m sure.

I won’t comment any further until I have the game in hand and have played.  I’m just assuming at this point.

• 3 boats can get there from Africa, as can a fighter.  Also, a cruiser can go the long way around south America but way too late vs India crush.

The best thing, and I’m not 100% sure on this yet, but I’m pretty sure with the extra boats and sea zones UK will be able to do a block of some sort to prevent the India crush, or atleast force japan to use most of its navy to do an India crush.  The UK/france can get 2 more destroyers, and 1 cruiser, along with a transport (but it would be a waste) to India and its sea zone by turn 2.  That would give them with current setup 3 destroyers, 2 cruisers, plus 29 IPCs worth of boats in the sea zone.  Optimum purchase would be a carrier, and two subs.  That would give them a total of 11 hits with 24 defense in the sea zone (assuming fighters on the carrier, and they can even be ANZAC fighters).  Along with an extra 4 units in India (1 from west, 2 transport, 1 extra plane) and I don’t see a J3 india crush going off.  Granted, Egypt would fall, but that could be recovered.  And if you go with the transports being moved back, that would grant the UK an additional 4 IPCs so they could build a carrier and an Airbase on the island instead of the 2 subs, granting an additional 6 hits and 23? defense in the sea zone.

• '20 '18 '17 '15

I think the main deterrent against the India crush will be America’s total of +70 per turn from the war economy

• Can someone please tell me what this “India Crush” is all about? I haven’t play the game yet but I have been hearing this phrase for a while now.

• Customizer

Read posts 34, 35, 47, 48.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m