• Hi,
    A lot of people are talking of bid,
    What are they, how do they work?
    Thx a lot!

• Two players hold an auction for the right to play Japan, bidding in ipcs.

For example, I bid 14 ipcs, opponent bids 15, going back and forth until one person decides to play Allies. High bidder plays Japan.

Allies get to place units equal to ipcs bid on the board before the game begins.

So, if I win with a bid of 18 I get to play Japan and my opponent could place, say, 6 extra inf on Yunnan (bad choice), or UK DD (with Battleship & Transports) + extra US fighter in PI, or any other allied units as long as they add up to bid amount.

Eventually, after hundreds of bid games, players learn the actual bid that equalizes the game.

• @Van_Trump:

Two players hold an auction for the right to play Japan, bidding in ipcs.

For example, I bid 14 ipcs, opponent bids 15, going back and forth until one person decides to play Allies. High bidder plays Japan.

Allies get to place units equal to ipcs bid on the board before the game begins.

So, if I win with a bid of 18 I get to play Japan and my opponent could place, say, 6 extra inf on Yunnan (bad choice), or UK DD (with Battleship & Transports) + extra US fighter in PI, or any other allied units as long as they add up to bid amount.

Eventually, after hundreds of bid games, players learn the actual bid that equalizes the game.

That sounds dumb, it’s not like in real life Winston Churchill decided to get rid of value resources to play what they think is wrong!

• @Van_Trump:

Why is 6 inf in Yun a bad choice?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Van_Trump:

Why is 6 inf in Yun a bad choice?

Because you’d need a red chip!

• Thx a lot, now it is clear!

• An addational 6 inf anywhere in China would be awesomeness! it would do very little to save the rest of the allies but boy would it drive Japan nuts for a few turns.  Maybe 6 artillery would be even better!!  :lol:

Thanks for explaining because I didnt really understand the concept either (I still wont use it though)

• @Clyde85:

An addational 6 inf anywhere in China would be awesomeness! it would do very little to save the rest of the allies but boy would it drive Japan nuts for a few turns.  Maybe 6 artillery would be even better!!  :lol:

Thanks for explaining because I didnt really understand the concept either (I still wont use it though)

What would drive Japan even more nuts: 6 inf in Philippines, Borneo, or Shan State

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m