HHR for Early war, North Africa, Eastern front ?

• I really enjoyed the historic house rules that have been published on this website by David Jensen, covering the sets 1 to 5. They totally changed the way the game was being played, and in a very positive one.

I recently bought a bunch of the newly released booster packs … I have to say I was very disappointed …

First of all because there is 50 % less miniatures in the box, secondly, because there is not a lot of actually new units, and thirdly, and most importantly, the stats are still very unbalanced…

I was happy to see all the new italian units released, still, they always come with these serious drawbacks that renders them completely useless.

It seems to me like there won’t be any other HHR published, since the last one published was back in December 2006 …

Could anyone give me some update on this, or perhaps recommend me some other House rules variant ?

• Well, I just found out about the revised cards sets on avalonhill.com. Combined with the expanded rules I just received, there’s no need for house rules anymore.

Seems to me that they listened a lot to the players, much better than what the game was originally.

I believe they took some inspiration out of HHR too, great !

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m