How many mistakes on Europe 40??? Let's wager ;)

• This can include Map Errors, Misspellings, Color Changes or something completely NEW!!! :wink:

• Let’s just say: I don’t think Krieghund needs to find another job anytime too soon.

• Official Q&A

This is in poor taste.

• @Krieghund:

This is in poor taste.

Really?
    So suddenly lacking faith in WOTC is poor taste?

Shall I burn myself as a heretic or should I expect the Spanish Inquisition at my door shortly?

• @Krieghund:

This is in poor taste.

… but true.

• Official Q&A

People may obviously feel free to have faith or lack faith in whatever or whomever they choose, as well as express those feelings.  It’s inviting everyone to speculate on the (lack of) quality of a future release in a poll that crosses the line, IMHO.

• Well, “IMHO”, it’s selling a sub-par crap product for a good amount of money that crosses the line. I speculate 7+ (although if rulebook mistakes counted we should probably add more voting options all the way up to 20+)

• LOL :lol:  Oh man, the truth hurts.  Kreighund, your awesome, but your outmatched simply by truth and evidence.  These posts are hilariously true. :lol:

• Official Q&A

Outmatched?  I think not.

There’s no denying that the quality of AAP40 was lacking.  I never said that it wasn’t.  However, there is as yet no “evidence” that AAE40 will suffer from the same problems.  There are only expectations based on past performance.  While these expectations do carry weight, they are not conclusive, as things can change.

At any rate, my opinion is what it is.  The complaints about AAP40 are justified, for the most part.  However, speculation about potential mistakes in AAE40 in this way is just mean-spirited.  How about we hold the complaints until there is actually something to complain about?

• Also, the fools here don’t realize that incessantly going on and on about mistakes/misprints/typos in games leads to bad publicity, and dissuades many people from buying A&A games. (Which in turn leads to LESS games being produced in the future).

Myself, I am happy as a clam that there are so many new A&A games in the last 5 years or so. Trust me, I’ll gladly put up with a few typos to have a ginormous map, of quality cardboard, and gorgeous pieces. You people really don’t seem to remember the A&A 2nd edition, do you? Let me give you a hint: everyone had the same generic pieces, of brittle plastic that always broke, and it was the same exact game over and over and over and (get my drift?)

Bash AAP40 all you like - although I feel that Wizards has actually done a great job of “after the fact” customer support, with extra tac bombers and battlestrip. But lay off AAE40 for now until it released.

By the way, I voted 0. I know we, as humans (I think krieg may be slightly robotic, however) make mistakes. Will AAE40 have mistakes? Probably. Your point is?

• @reloader-1:

Also, the fools here don’t realize that incessantly going on and on about mistakes/misprints/typos in games leads to bad publicity, and dissuades many people from buying A&A games. (Which in turn leads to LESS games being produced in the future).
    … Your point is?

My point is that since you’re calling people names: you’re clearly the fool.

A fool if you think you have some monopoly on enjoying these games or that anything short of blind devotion to their maker denies others some moral highground.

And as for any complaints about typos leading to bad publicity… well that’s highly unlikely.
    I think it’s safe to say that a significantly higher number of people will view the actual game firsthand than will even know this forum exists.
    How that game appears to the consumer and his or her friends - warts and all - therefore will have a far greater impact on good or bad publicity that what we voice here.

And before you touch those replacement tac bombers, better thank those people at the grass roots level who brought the issue to WOTC’s attention… clearly you weren’t one of them.

• I will complain as loudly and strongly as the best of them - and by the way, I called WotC and spoke to the two employees there as well as the replacement manager, Sam.

My point is to complain as much as you want - it is a free country. (At least for me, at the present moment) However, don’t be surprised when your complaints wind up biting back.

We are trying to expand the A&A community - and yet how will we ever get there when we are so critical of the game we love?

• @reloader-1:

We are trying to expand the A&A community - and yet how will we ever get there when we are so critical of the game we love?

Well I think this is being critical of the game’s components and the disappointing workmanship.
    Not the game itself although there are some flaws and issues there with rules too… but I think it’s more like exploring the potential of what could’ve been.

Or at least the expression of an anxiety that our beloved game will not hit the stores in the condition it deserves based on what we’ve seen.

I should not have to apologize to FNGs for the quality of this awesome game I’m introducing them to… and ask them to pass Monopoly over, explaining it contains superior industrial complex pieces that we need to borrow.

• @allboxcars:

Well I think this is being critical of the game’s components and the disappointing workmanship.

Uh dude…. this game hasn’t been released yet. That is the whole point of the thread.

If you want to talk about AAP40, I’m with ya - but lay off AAE40 until we see it.

• @reloader-1:

Uh dude…. this game hasn’t been released yet. That is the whole point of the thread.

If you want to talk about AAP40, I’m with ya - but lay off AAE40 until we see it.

OK. Uhh dude, read a few more lines:

@allboxcars:

Or at least the expression of an anxiety that our beloved game will not hit the stores in the condition it deserves based on what we’ve seen.

yeah.
    THAT is the whole point of the thread. Dude.

• 1-2: Only a fool makes the same mistake twice.
    Their mistake: having too many mistakes\

• hey humour!
    Thanks.

• well I’m sure he meant it with comraderie  8-)

• Camaraderie.

#7/11

• @reloader-1:

Cameraderie.

#7/11

hmm different… perhaps digital cameraderie?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m