Any thing from stratagies to house rules and to just chatting on how ya play..

• I have lost as the Axis even with Germany taking Russia but it was in Revised, this could just as easily happen. The Allies were playing split focus with Russia and UK against Germany and the US was basically trying to tackle Japan on their own. It was really my game to lose and I learned from that game, especially when I wrongly stopped building navy as Japan when I somehow thought I needed more Japanese units to take Russia(while Germany did all of the attacking). The US eventually had factories on all of Japan’s valuable islands, then captured Japan’s factory on French Indochina, then China and into Asia. Meanwhile, the UK was able to trade Western Europe and eventually stack Karelia to branch out from there. Germany tried to keep control of all of Eurasia, they just can’t especially with the Allied economic advantage. It was one of the longest games I’ve played. If you’re interested, I still have the TripleA file but you’ll need an older version of TripleA(1003 or 1032, I forgot which) and it’s too big for me to email the installer.

• cromwell_dude: (sorry if i spelled wrong) any way i appreciate ur post on this thread it has made it more alive and bright! u also dont typ in a casual way it seems lol like a British ambassadore or something lolbut any way ive been reading every ones post and am wondering…u said u hardly ever play allies and yet u talk so much about ur russian  campaign?whould you be willing to tell us about ur axis stratagies? look now you have got me to talking all formally…lol

• i had a idea just the other day
    name: Barracks or military base (havent decided yet)
    you would buy these for 45-50 ipc’s andple them on any land and any land units that are on that specific territoryit also makes up to 5 and only 5 INFANTRY to defend on a three much like the defender defends on a two this just boosts that for 5 infantry it did some thing else but i dont have the note pad i wrote it on infront of me.  wat do u thinK? oh yeah and each country has a limited amount you can buy its like 6-7 it also can be captured by enemies and used by enemies it can be taken down but must be rebought to put back up eneimes can take it down if unwanted (if captured it is free and it does not go within the 6-7 restriction)

• @turkey:

i had a idea just the other day
    name: Barracks or military base (havent decided yet)
    you would buy these for 45-50 ipc’s andple them on any land and any land units that are on that specific territoryit also makes up to 5 and only 5 INFANTRY to defend on a three much like the defender defends on a two this just boosts that for 5 infantry it did some thing else but i dont have the note pad i wrote it on infront of me.  wat do u thinK? oh yeah and each country has a limited amount you can buy its like 6-7 it also can be captured by enemies and used by enemies it can be taken down but must be rebought to put back up eneimes can take it down if unwanted (if captured it is free and it does not go within the 6-7 restriction)

I’d rather buy 15 infantry than a units that increases the defense of 5 infantry by 1

• @Fleetwood:

I have lost as the Axis even with Germany taking Russia but it was in Revised, this could just as easily happen. The Allies were playing split focus with Russia and UK against Germany and the US was basically trying to tackle Japan on their own. It was really my game to lose and I learned from that game, especially when I wrongly stopped building navy as Japan when I somehow thought I needed more Japanese units to take Russia(while Germany did all of the attacking). The US eventually had factories on all of Japan’s valuable islands, then captured Japan’s factory on French Indochina, then China and into Asia. Meanwhile, the UK was able to trade Western Europe and eventually stack Karelia to branch out from there. Germany tried to keep control of all of Eurasia, they just can’t especially with the Allied economic advantage. It was one of the longest games I’ve played. If you’re interested, I still have the TripleA file but you’ll need an older version of TripleA(1003 or 1032, I forgot which) and it’s too big for me to email the installer.

I think my problem was that Russia fell 1 turn too early. If Russia had held for 1 more turn (Germany did a 55% attack that could have easily lost) then I would have been able to get up a US Norway factory early game and it might have gone differently.
    About your game. Did UK manage to keep Africa in it?

• yes but it adds you when you have 1 alredy there and ur a "infantry stacking player"lets say i had 20 infantry stacked and moving together as 1 and i went into that territory now i practicly got five tanks and fifteen infantry. over all it  would soon pay for itself

• @Wilson2:

@Fleetwood:

I have lost as the Axis even with Germany taking Russia but it was in Revised, this could just as easily happen. The Allies were playing split focus with Russia and UK against Germany and the US was basically trying to tackle Japan on their own. It was really my game to lose and I learned from that game, especially when I wrongly stopped building navy as Japan when I somehow thought I needed more Japanese units to take Russia(while Germany did all of the attacking). The US eventually had factories on all of Japan’s valuable islands, then captured Japan’s factory on French Indochina, then China and into Asia. Meanwhile, the UK was able to trade Western Europe and eventually stack Karelia to branch out from there. Germany tried to keep control of all of Eurasia, they just can’t especially with the Allied economic advantage. It was one of the longest games I’ve played. If you’re interested, I still have the TripleA file but you’ll need an older version of TripleA(1003 or 1032, I forgot which) and it’s too big for me to email the installer.

I think my problem was that Russia fell 1 turn too early. If Russia had held for 1 more turn (Germany did a 55% attack that could have easily lost) then I would have been able to get up a US Norway factory early game and it might have gone differently.
    About your game. Did UK manage to keep Africa in it?

Germany had a presence in Africa for a while. The med fleet went down UK5. In the end, Germany was kicked out by the UK MidEast units, the six Canada/UK units, and the 4 East US units. The Allies liberated South Africa on US7. Japan later broke into Africa on J8 and was cleaned out a few turns later. In hindsight, this was a big mistake because it meant a stop to fleet building. My consideration at the time was a break for the Atlantic through the med. US8 was the fall of the islands and US9 was when factories went up on East Indies, Borneo, and Philippines. Russia fell on G11, Germany getting lucky to take it with so much - 20 tanks and a bomber. The US was all over Asia and the UK was all over Europe. It was the Axis’ game to lose and this game taught me a lot.

• :-D im currently playing a game that ive been playing for 4-5 days now and it is my usual opponent he is very defensive and stacks his infantry alot soi finnally got hm backed int a crnor (he is russia and the british, and i am america and germany we decided to play like that to “spice” it up) any way i have him backed intoYakut SSR (by the way we are playing the game to where u can place a complex where ever u want and put however many troops u can afford onto it) any way hes backed into ther and has lik 20 infantry a complex and 3 tanks and with some mercy and curtecy (speeling) and let him build up and yet i find that that was a mistake now britain and  russia are builiding up and taking over…
    i knew it would be a good idea to make this thread it a very intresting 1! :) cromwell dude please do tell me of ur game! :)

• as the allies, i typically lose UK by the time UK goes. I try to focus on the US and USSR.  it is devastating when i lose UK.

• @nutbar:

as the allies, i typically lose UK by the time UK goes. I try to focus on the US and USSR.  it is devastating when i lose UK.

May i ask how is it possible that you lose UK in the 1st turn???  do you mean germany invades Britain and conquers it?

Germany can only send 1inf., 1 tank, 2 fighters, 1 bomber.
    UK has 2 Inf., 1 Art., 1 Tank, 2 Fighters, 1 Bomber, and An AA Gun.

are you missing you 2 AA gun Rolls, and all your defenses?

or do you mean you lose all of britains Naval Units, and egypt?  
    (which is typical - and it doesnt mean UK is out the game in my opinion)

• germany actually conquers britian

• any 1 have any more stratagies or house rules+ideas for the game? :-D

• well heres an update with my gaming i am still playing the game ive been playing for 2 weeks. ummm i am currently getting IL’s supreme 1942 map printed out  professionaly this ran us $100 hopefully it will be worth it. i should have it by thursday. any way the game i am playing now is terribly evenly matched. britian is the leading ipc producer with 68 ipc’s per turn. this perticulare game we are playing the united states along with germany against the soviets and britain i am the us and germany japan is not in this game.i fear that britian and the SOV’s will soon over power me it origanated as a massive land battle and it is now a mega sea battle i am winning the battle at sea currently (within the last move) but i am very weak at the land battle the in this game we are playing the only way u can win is bycontrollin all the ic’s i am lossing over all.

• :-D yes that is good

• hey, would it be a good idea if you added in something like a military encampment for like 5 IPCs that couuld produce 2 infantry per go (if bought) and that could be put anywhere. this would make the game mor intresting for germany, japan, america, and UK since they kind of have transport problems.

• @Me109:

hey, would it be a good idea if you added in something like a military encampment for like 5 IPCs that couuld produce 2 infantry per go (if bought) and that could be put anywhere. this would make the game mor intresting for germany, japan, america, and UK since they kind of have transport problems.

One of the things that makes the game interesting is precisely how to solve those kind of problems for your side and how to give headaches to your opponents. ;)

• i agree but if you really wanted too it caould wor for like 8 ipcs (or ten since you can place em any where)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m