• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The Moral of Clyde’s story?  Always stick to your guns…

• I’ve got one, a Global 1940 game. I was Germany, my friends Steven and Tyler were Japan and Italy respectfully. The war was going pretty well for the Axis, with France fallen and major advances into the USSR. But a Soviet counter attack, stiff resistance in China & India, an uninvadable Britain and US entry into the war was spelling defeat for the Axis. Things seemed down until I noticed that Italy still had a sizable Navy and America had it’s East Coast fairly weak, mostly gearing for a D-Day. So I called a secret Axis meeting, told Tyler to move to the outside of the navy base at Italian Gibraltar, 3 spaces from D.C. coast and make it look like an invasion of Britain. The Allies bit, America sent all her ships to Britain and Italy in turn sent her ships to the East Coast. With but 2 infantry and 1 tank to defend, America’s beloved capital was captured and 80 IPC went into Italy’s pocket. America withdrew to take back the East Coast but couldn’t get it back until the turn after, by then the Italians had moved north to take Alaska and establish an airbase for the Japanese to bomb US factories. The 80 IPC was spent on defenses for Normandy while I recovered and took Moscow. FDR would go down in history as America’s worst President

• TripleA

The closest story I think I have is one game where I was playing A&A1942 as the Allies (one-on-one) with a friend. For US, I decided I would try something different. Every turn, I just stocked up on subs and threw them at Japan. The first wave died. The second wave broke through, and tadaa, all his transports were gone. And there was no way, with only 35 IPC that he could break through 20-25 subs, whose hits are opening fire casualties. Not the best strategy, but it was fun watching Japan flounder about in the Pacific.  =P    Then Japan made a last ditch effort to capture moscow with 2 inf, 4 figs, and a bomber. Unfortunately for them, 3 of their figs died to AA fire. That marked the end of the Japanese empire.

• Once while playing the original A/A in a desperate move I sent a British transport with 2 infantry
    from the western Med. into the Black Sea and attacked Ukraine that had 4 German fighters.
    I rolled 2 ones, he missed on all four and then I rolled snake eyes again. Unforgetable and hilarious.  What a rush!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m