• @LHoffman:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I misunderstood when you said “no US war dead are buried here.” You said those that wish to be buried here are. I didn’t realize that mean only veterans

Where have you been lately.

Yeah, literally… Have you been out of the country again or something? It seems like you were not posting as much as normal.

I haven’t had net acces for a while. The places in India we visit usually don’t have internet

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I misunderstood when you said “no US war dead are buried here.” You said those that wish to be buried here are. I didn’t realize that mean only veterans

Yeah, literally… Have you been out of the country again or something? It seems like you were not posting as much as normal.

I haven’t had net acces for a while. The places in India we visit usually don’t have internet

Your in India? Make a thread called

“Trip to India” Or what the hell post on this board who cares?

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Yeah, but in 24 hours, I’ll be on a flight to Heathrow which connects to a flight to San Fran.

I’d like to post photos, but I don’t know how. I’m not sure if we brought the tech equipment to upload photos.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Dylan:

Yeah, sounds good to me. I wouldn’t care if you posted here, or make your own.

If you have a digital camera all you’d need is an accompanying USB cable to upload the pictures. At this point it might be easier to wait until you get home though.

• Sure. I actually don’t have that many of India. We did tourism in Europe but India is just to visit family. The conditions are unbearable here.  The power goes out frequently, and I have to sleep in a bed with 3-4 people and sit in 5-seater cars that have 6-8 people. I never get any privacy. In addition, it’s really hot and I get a lot of mosquito bites. I wonder how the Brits survived here for over 200 years…

I spent 4 days in London, 1 in Paris. The last day in London was not used for sightseeing; just packing. On the 2nd day, we forgot to charge the camera battery, so we have no pics of the Greenwich Observatory or the Imperial War Museum. In Paris, we missed our train back to London so we had to sleep in a 2-star hotel near the train station. Here is what I saw:

1st day in London: Big Ben/Parliament(How many people know that these are connected?), Trafalgar Square(that was hard to find, and I mistook a statue of the Duke of Wellington for Nelson’s column).

2nd day: Tower of London, cruise on the Thames, Greenwich Observatory, Imperial War Museum(there, I found a German propaganda leaflet from post-Dunkirk which said, “your fleet is crippled.” I laughed at that.)

Paris: Arc de Triomphe, Louvre Museum(boring to me. I accidently told my dad it was 1 hour later than it actually was so we left early), Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower(2 of us went to the very top, the other 2 stayed on the 2nd floor. We went straight down, they stayed on the 2nd floor. This wasted an hour of time, making us miss our train). I never had to use my high-school French(except for saying ‘douze’ when the ticket lady couldn’t understand twelve); everyone spoke enough English to understand us. All around Paris there were Indian guys selling hundreds of differently-sized Eiffel Towers.

3rd day in London: Changing of the Guard, British Museum, London Eye, back to Parliament/Big Ben to take night photos.

London was a very diverse city. I saw whites, blacks, Asians, and Indians there. If you google “London world in one city,” you get a blog where 2 Londeners find citizens from 189 of the 192 UN recognized countries living in London.

• I forgot to mention: being a patriotic Indian, my Dad was furious at me for buying a British flag, and even more so when I wanted to wear a tee-shirt with the British flag on it in India.

@calvinhobbesliker:

I forgot to mention: being a patriotic Indian, my Dad was furious at me for buying a British flag, and even more so when I wanted to wear a tee-shirt with the British flag on it in India.

Aw… that ain’t cool. I think the British flag is pretty cool.

Are you part Indian… or of British lineage? Though I suppose you could be both too.

• @LHoffman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I forgot to mention: being a patriotic Indian, my Dad was furious at me for buying a British flag, and even more so when I wanted to wear a tee-shirt with the British flag on it in India.

Aw… that ain’t cool. I think the British flag is pretty cool.

Are you part Indian… or of British lineage? Though I suppose you could be both too.

I am fully Indian, but I am an anglophile.

@calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

Anglophile? … As in, lover of all things British?

• @LHoffman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

I though it meant lover of Britain…

@calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

Well it very well may… I had never heard the term before, so I was trying to interpret its nearest meaning.

I made friends with a lot of British kids on my trip to Korea, and one girl from India. She was very nice. Apparently she goes to school in the US though.

• @LHoffman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

Well it very well may… I had never heard the term before, so I was trying to interpret its nearest meaning.

I made friends with a lot of British kids on my trip to Korea, and one girl from India. She was very nice. Apparently she goes to school in the US though.

Well, it means many things. It could be lover of British culture, present and past, British history, British Empire, etc.

@calvinhobbesliker:

Well, it means many things. It could be lover of British culture, present and past, British history, British Empire, etc.

Ah, gotcha.

So, would you be willing to share a few pictures of your trip when you get home? Unless you are already.

• @LHoffman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Ah, gotcha.

So, would you be willing to share a few pictures of your trip when you get home? Unless you are already.

Sure. I’m not home. It’s 9 PM here. I’m leaving this apartment for Bangalore(Bengaluru) airport at 1:30. It takes 2 hours to get ther, 1-2 to go through security. Then it’s a 10 hr flight from Bangalore to Heathrow, 1 1 hour layover, a 10 hour flight from London to San Francisco Int’l, and another hour to drive to where I live.

After that, I have to fix my computer. It has a “bootmgr is missing” error message.

@calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Ah, gotcha.

Sure. I’m not home. It’s 9 PM here. I’m leaving this apartment for Bangalore(Bengaluru) airport at 1:30. It takes 2 hours to get ther, 1-2 to go through security. Then it’s a 10 hr flight from Bangalore to Heathrow, 1 1 hour layover, a 10 hour flight from London to San Francisco Int’l, and another hour to drive to where I live.

After that, I have to fix my computer. It has a “bootmgr is missing” error message.

Wow…. and I thought a 13 hour flight from Chicago to Incheon was a long bit of travel. You have it much worse.

Well, good luck, have a safe trip and look forward to seeing your pictures when you can get them up.

• Thanks. Usualy, though I have a 13 hour from San Fran to Hong Kong, 3 hours from there to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, or Bankok, and another 3 from there to Bangalore/Madras. Going by London is easier.

• I’m finally back in the US. I will post pictures as soon as I can upload them to mediafire

@calvinhobbesliker:

I’m finally back in the US. I will post pictures as soon as I can upload them to mediafire

Sweet. Looking forward to it.

• @LHoffman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I’m finally back in the US. I will post pictures as soon as I can upload them to mediafire

It will apparently take 3-4 more hours to finish. I have about 240 pics

@calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

It will apparently take 3-4 more hours to finish. I have about 240 pics

Yeah, I noticed that uploading to MediaFire took an excessively long time. I didn’t have 240 pictures though.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m