In your opinion, what is strategically your favorite army to play and why?

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

I don’t get that, why would you want to have some unreinforced colonies, and be stuck on an island and have your navy against a strong airforce! Like if you want Egypt back you have to give up India, or if you do fight on in India you will most likely lose Africa! Australia and New Zealand are sitting ducks. The only good one is Canada, because you will likely have it the whole game (unless it’s total war,) and their is some changes of coarse now, but I have to wonder if it’s too much

Well, that’s true in Revised/42/Anniversary, but not in Euro40. In E40, India can’t be threatened until turn 3(by Japan if it does a J1, which won’t happen in global). Egypt won’t fall on the 1st turn(hopefully), and Africa is reinforcable from the SA IC. This global game will truly represent the UK’s global power. It will have factories in 4 continents, 5 if you count Australia. As Larry said, the British Empire will be holding the line against the axis until the US and USSR enter the war. Britain, in Euro and Global, will be the player who must be depended on to do well. If Britain falls, the axis will win.

Umm what continents, like

Asia, Africa, Europe, and N. America

where in Africa, where in N. America???

The British Empire will have factories in the UK(Europe), Quebec or Ontario(North America), India(Asia), South Africa(Africa), and New South Wales(Australia)

I say Quebec or Ontario since Ontario is where the VC is but Quebec has more access to the Atlantic

• Not to jump on the bandwagon or anything, but I really like playing as Britian in AA revised and AA50. Britian is never “stuck” in Europe, espically when you start buying IC and sticking them around the world. In AA revised, it was a standared opener for Britian to place a factory in India and center their fight against Japan, removing their focus from Europe outside the ocassional bombing run. If things got really bad in Africa, you’d see a factory pop up in SA later on, just to stablize the situation. As i’ve heard it put before, while the Soviets job is to suurvive, its Britians job to hold the line.

I wonder if Frances addition to the game will change up some of Britians stratgies

• @Clyde85:

Not to jump on the bandwagon or anything, but I really like playing as Britian in AA revised and AA50. Britian is never “stuck” in Europe, espically when you start buying IC and sticking them around the world. In AA revised, it was a standared opener for Britian to place a factory in India and center their fight against Japan, removing their focus from Europe outside the ocassional bombing run. If things got really bad in Africa, you’d see a factory pop up in SA later on, just to stablize the situation. As i’ve heard it put before, while the Soviets job is to suurvive, its Britians job to hold the line.

I wonder if Frances addition to the game will change up some of Britians stratgies

Actually, in Revised, and Indian IC on UK1 will just tempt the Japs into taking India more and will give them a free factory

• If you say so, i’ve never had that problem, espically if you send the Indian ocean fighter to destroy the Jap transport off of kwangtung. In our games it rapidly turns into a race between Japan and Britian to see who can build/get more units to that area, and if Japan is doing that, its not doing what it should be, which works well for the allies,

That being said, its not really the point of this threat now is it  :wink:

• @Clyde85:

If you say so, i’ve never had that problem, espically if you send the Indian ocean fighter to destroy the Jap transport off of kwangtung. In our games it rapidly turns into a race between Japan and Britian to see who can build/get more units to that area, and if Japan is doing that, its not doing what it should be, which works well for the allies,

That being said, its not really the point of this threat now is it  :wink:

The only time that happened to me was playing on this forum, but I was Germany.

• Actually, in Revised, and Indian IC on UK1 will just tempt the Japs into taking India more and will give them a free factory

In my games of revised, it’s standard procedure to build an indian factory on Turn 1. Otherwise, there’s no way to reinforce india, and japan can pick if off J1 or 2 with their air force and infantry from FIC and Kwangtung

If you say so, i’ve never had that problem, espically if you send the Indian ocean fighter to destroy the Jap transport off of kwangtung. In our games it rapidly turns into a race between Japan and Britian to see who can build/get more units to that area, and if Japan is doing that, its not doing what it should be, which works well for the allies,

My games usually work out like this (if Japan doesn’t take India T1) but you’re right. This isn’t the point of this thread. UK is definitely one of the best armies to control. They don’t project the kind of power that the US doesn, but their influence is much wider-reaching (seeing as how they start the game with troops and territories everywhere from europe to africa to the south pacific (whereas the US must build transports to move their armies anywhere, an dthey usually jsut go straight for North Africa or France)

• The games I usually play are 1 on 1 games, and the sheer thrill of playing as the axis is awesome. Feeling like you are changing history is probably the reason I like the play as them more than other powers (allies). The only problem is the people i play with also have the same feelings so we usually have to “sacrifice” and play as the allies because the other person wants the axis, lol.

• the axis is such a thrill at the beggining of a AA game becouse they are pumped up with forces and ipc funds. you have to play these countries very aggressively from the starting gate. you just kick ass. as the allies, you have to take a beating for a couple of rounds until you get orgainized and till the U.S. gets fully involved. i find the BRITS to be the most difficult to play. they start out with alot of ipcs but they are so spread out across the board its sometimes difficult where to alocate troops and ipcs.BRITAIN,INDIA,AFRICA,EAST INDIES,AUSTRAILIA,NORTH ATLANTIC,MEADITERAINIAN SEA.

• I like either Germany, or UK, they are the leaders of their side. They are both involved in multi fronts and generally fight all the major enemy powers at one time or another. In AA40G both these powers will take on larger rolls. Germany will be a menace on the sea w/expanded sub warfare, and its new tac bmr/ftr combo (not to mention the convoy zones). The tac/tank combo will also make the land battles feel more like a true blitzkrieg (got to love those 4’s). The UK will have all those IC at the start of the game along w/the Anz. UK being able to produce units in all those places should make them even more fun to play then before. It’s going to be a constant battle to keep its income up to feed all those production centers. They will be very busy, plus UK will most likely inherit the French too.

• '22 '19 '18

Japan is my favorite to play because I love navy and airforce.  Also I think I play best with them.  My least favorite is probably UK.  I don’t know what it is but I never seem to play them right.  I either focus to much on Asia and not enough on Europe or vise versa.

• @WILD:

I like either Germany, or UK, they are the leaders of their side. They are both involved in multi fronts and generally fight all the major enemy powers at one time or another. In AA40G both these powers will take on larger rolls. Germany will be a menace on the sea w/expanded sub warfare, and its new tac bmr/ftr combo (not to mention the convoy zones). The tac/tank combo will also make the land battles feel more like a true blitzkrieg (got to love those 4’s). The UK will have all those IC at the start of the game along w/the Anz. UK being able to produce units in all those places should make them even more fun to play then before. It’s going to be a constant battle to keep its income up to feed all those production centers. They will be very busy, plus UK will most likely inherit the French too.

Germany on multi fronts. They have a navy that lasts a few turns, and are fighting the Soviet Union.
    UK will lose either India or Egypt and lose control of that area, Australia and New Zealand is a sitting duck.

• I dont know why but Russia. I always volunteer to play Russia (since my gamemates hate it) and I always, win or lose, enjoy it. Ive enjoyed other countries but russia is different. Maybe because when I played for the first time it was my country. Im also the best at it. Second is Uk by far.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

@calvinhobbesliker:

After independence, the troops that fought for Japan were regarded as freedom fighters(which I don’t have a problem with per se, since they thought Japan would free India) and given good pension, but Indian troops who fought for the British are not

Wouldn’t that make you angry with the UK, or the Indian government then, not Japan?

Indian gov’t yes; not UK.

I am about 40% Indian (along with 45% German, 10% British, and 5% Scottish) and I cannot see how you would blame the Indian government as GB was pulling the strings all of WWII. That being said, I am an American and I support GB.

• @Proud:

I dont know why but Russia. I always volunteer to play Russia (since my gamemates hate it) and I always, win or lose, enjoy it. Ive enjoyed other countries but russia is different. Maybe because when I played for the first time it was my country. Im also the best at it. Second is Uk by far.

Aren’t either winning or losing your only results in this game.

• @fanofbond:

@Proud:

I dont know why but Russia. I always volunteer to play Russia (since my gamemates hate it) and I always, win or lose, enjoy it. Ive enjoyed other countries but russia is different. Maybe because when I played for the first time it was my country. Im also the best at it. Second is Uk by far.

pretty much.  :lol:

• @Proud:

@fanofbond:

@Proud:

pretty much.  :lol:

Well the game could get kicked or you could quit so not always.  :wink:

• You quit you lose and get kicked probably a lose too

• @fanofbond:

@Proud:

I think what he’s saying is Russia controls the fate of the game, which is probably true.  It dictates how much resources the UK and US can put into the Pacific and Africa to keep the Axis away from the IPC pinata.  A strong Russia will instigate pressure on the Germans with minimal western support while a weak Russia forces the Allies to play piggyback the Reds and provide a weaker defense against Japan.

• @TitusAndronicus:

@fanofbond:

@Proud:

I think what he’s saying is Russia controls the fate of the game, which is probably true.  It dictates how much resources the UK and US can put into the Pacific and Africa to keep the Axis away from the IPC pinata.  A strong Russia will instigate pressure on the Germans with minimal western support while a weak Russia forces the Allies to play piggyback the Reds and provide a weaker defense against Japan.

Probably yes because russia is usually what determines the game. If russia holds until Western help can arrive or better yet, take germany then allies usually win. If russia falls axis usually win.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Proud:

@TitusAndronicus:

Probably yes because russia is usually what determines the game. If russia holds until Western help can arrive or better yet, take germany then allies usually win. If russia falls axis usually win.

Agreed. Very true.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m