• I am going to sell my AA50 game and unfortunately I have lost a UK fighter. The Pacific (not pac40) fighters are the wrong color. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the AA42 UK fighters are identical to the AA50 fighters. Also are the AA42 dice the same as the AA50 dice? I also have lost one of the black dice and I am wondering if the black dice from 1942 edition would work.

• @Wilson2:

I am going to sell my AA50 game and unfortunately I have lost a UK fighter. The Pacific (not pac40) fighters are the wrong color. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the AA42 UK fighters are identical to the AA50 fighters. Also are the AA42 dice the same as the AA50 dice? I also have lost one of the black dice and I am wondering if the black dice from 1942 edition would work.

If I recall correctly, the UK should be exactly the same color between 1942 and AA50.

The Dice are different though from what I remember.  Get yourself a set of FMG Combat Dice instead and just put the dice from AA42 into the AA50 box.  ;)

• I already have tons of dice from all the A&A games I have. Why would I buy more for $15-$30. Also, I heard that 1942 pieces are slightly larger than AA50 ones. Is this true? Are the fighters larger? and by how much?
    Also, are you saying that the 1942 dice are the same. I had heard that, but the back of the 1942 box shows some weird colored dice.

• @Wilson2:

I already have tons of dice from all the A&A games I have. Why would I buy more for $15-$30. Also, I heard that 1942 pieces are slightly larger than AA50 ones. Is this true? Are the fighters larger? and by how much?
    Also, are you saying that the 1942 dice are the same. I had heard that, but the back of the 1942 box shows some weird colored dice.

I’m saying the dice are different … as you say “weird colored” dice.  At least in the copy I played they were.
    Size-wise, I didn’t compare side by side, but I’m fairly sure they’re the same … I’m sure someone else can answer with more clarity though.

And if you have tons of dice, then your problem there is already solved.  Swap out a full matching set into the AA50 you plan on selling.

• same. mine are the same except 1942 has more detail.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m