How many sets of FMG pieces will you buy

• how many sets of each nation will you buy

• 1 set of the 5 countries should be enough to use for AA42.

• '10

Unable to answer until the price is established.

• at least one of each nation

• '12

If its $30 a set, at least 4, if cheaper prob a couple more

• Sad thing is that to me it seems like an all-or-nothing proposal… if you have one nation set aren’t you sort of compelled to buy a set for all nations?

• '10

@Brain:

@cminke:

how many sets of each nation will you buy

That depends upon the price.

@johnnymarr:

I agree with BD.  Unable to answer until the price is established.

My thoughts are the same. Depends on the price and if combined shipping is offered also. I do not like the way this project is headed as far as the time involved. If it takes months or even years to complete all the sets then combined shipping discounts may not be available for years. It may be years before all nations are ready for sale. I am concerned that I may be too old to remember what these plastic units are for by the time they are all completed!

• @Brain:

At 2 years per country, I could be dead before they are completed.

I was going to buy that nifty wooden box anticipating storing my playing pieces.

Now I’m likely to have other things to store in a wooden box…

• @Brain:

Pieces were announced on Jan. 29, 2009.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12929.msg381275#msg381275

At 2 years per country, I could be dead before they are completed.

It was announced as a concept on that date.  It hasn’t taken 2 years (even from that date it hasn’t been two years) and it won’t take nearly as long between countries.  The biggest hurdles are overcome.  It should be smooth sailing from here on out assuming people are going to put their money where their mouths are and buy!

• none if I have to pay in US dollar!

• Customizer

@allboxcars:

Sad thing is that to me it seems like an all-or-nothing proposal… if you have one nation set aren’t you sort of compelled to buy a set for all nations?

Not necessarily.  It depends on whether or not you like the OOB pieces.  Some people plan on totally replacing their OOB pieces with the new FMG pieces.  I personally like the OOB pieces and plan to use them with the FMG pieces.  One reason FMG started with the Italians is because WOTC kind of messed them up by just copying German pieces and making them brown for Italy.  They even had the Italians using Japanese bombers and artillery!
    Now, the Italians will have their own uniquely Italian equipment.  Most of the other nations, except for France, already have their own unique equipment.  With the other major nations, FMG is simply planning on using different models of equipment for greater variety from the OOB pieces.  So, if you are fine with the classes currently in use, just get the Italians and French (when they come out) and use OOB for the other nations.
    Personally, I plan on getting 5 sets and I will probably get all the nations just for the greater variety of unit classes.  I think it would look pretty cool if for German tac bombers I had some Stukas on the Eastern front and whatever FMG comes out with (hopefully the Me110) on the Western front.

• FMG, How many Italian sets do you need to sell to begin production on the German pieces?

• '10

@DrLarsen:

FMG, How many Italian sets do you need to sell to begin production on the German pieces?

We have already started on the German pieces…  They are being sculpted now and I will have some to share soon.  My calculation is that we need to sell about 300+ sets to keep the project funded??  Ball park.

We will keep going until done or we run outa money.

• Germany will get you in the ‘black’. and out of the red.

If you go with Japan followed by USA, Russia and UK, you got the best sequence of demand.

If you can get most people to buy 3 out of 6, you got the other 3 sets covered because people want to complete the collection.

Make sure to add a section on BGG and Cosimworld for all these products.

Pictures of side by side OOB to FMG will make the buying decision simple.

Working on a game using these pieces is the next step.

• I’m planning to take two of each, plus a stack of combat dice and maybe one or two other things.

• We have already started on the German pieces…  They are being sculpted now and I will have some to share soon.  My calculation is that we need to sell about 300+ sets to keep the project funded??  Ball park.

That’s 300 of the Italian sets?  or total sets?  or Italian + German sets?

• I will buy at least one set of each nation,
    once if all are finished and yet available (e.g in an Combined Set)
    I would probarbly buy an additional all in one set.

• @DrLarsen:

We have already started on the German pieces…  They are being sculpted now and I will have some to share soon.  My calculation is that we need to sell about 300+ sets to keep the project funded??  Ball park.

That’s 300 of the Italian sets?  or total sets?  or Italian + German sets?

That’s 300 of the Italian sets … followed by 300 of each of the other sets as they come out.  Pretty much what was guestimated a few months back based on a few of the rough cost estimates FMG put out there for making these things.

• I’ll account for 1%-2% of that then  :-)

Who’s with me?

• Yeah, I’ll commit to a max of $100 a month in FMG purchases if they keep 'em coming every month or 3 sets/ country (to a max of $100/country) until the full set comes out.  That’s about as far as I can stretch for the cause.  That puts me in the 1% range too…  I hope there’s 98 more out there…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m