• @MrMalachiCrunch:

I always worry when my opponent is building lots of infantry, it tells me they have a long term plan.  When I see lots of tanks I know all i have to do is weather the storm for a few rounds.  If you live long enough, the foe will run out of gas and you are taking out all kinds of juicy tanks with overwhelming infantry and a bit of firepower to get the battles over.

Yeah if someone is stacking infantry its hard to take them out. They almost always outnumber you by the time you want to attack them. It is rather annoying. I just try to bleed them out by taking whatever I can around them. But yeah, it still takes forever.

• '12

Calvin, one thing I think you Pacific strategy needed was a second US carrier.  You had bomber power, but you have to be able to move into harms way in order to push the other fleet around and those bombers rather than naval units prevented you from getting in range to use those bombers effectively.

I was worried about the loss of income with your island hoping, you did have a few slightly poor rolls that helped me.  However, you did this with a sacrafice of some transports, while some sacrifice is required and does pay off, I thought you sacraficed a bit too much.  Also from what I recall I took out some of your navy with only air units.  I think if you had tried to expand a bit slower, concentrated your navy a bit more and did a bit less sacrafice the Japanese would have been strong with navy but poor with income.  Another round or two and you would have been really able to cause the Japs to go all navy and still run.

I still feel it slows down europe too much.  You could flow into Africa but to build up enough to Norway to break out against a super strong germany…  I have a hard enough time doing this against fleetwood dan with all 3 allies concentrating on this goal.

• dump the idea of invading the US. My opinion: focus on Rest and Rebuild OR helping Germany.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m