• Okay so Axis need 15 cities, Allies need all capitals, I don’t think that’s fair

Axis Victory:
    Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Rome, Tokyo, Shangahi, Paris, Cairo, Hong Kong, Manilla, Lenningrad, Stalingrad, Sydney, Honolulu, Moscow or Calcutta

Washigton, San Fransisco, London, Ottawa, and Moscow or Calcutta all free!

Allies need 3 capitals the Axis may not even touch one!

• @Dylan:

Okay so Axis need 15 cities, Allies need all capitals, I don’t think that’s fair

Axis Victory:
    Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Rome, Tokyo, Shangahi, Paris, Cairo, Hong Kong, Manilla, Lenningrad, Stalingrad, Sydney, Honolulu, Moscow or Calcutta

oops,  I put Paris twice, okay forget the or in betwen Moscow and Calcutta (but still)

• Actually, they only need 14, and you’ve listed all outside north america(and london, since you put Rome twice.) However, Sydney and Honolulu will be difficult to take, as will be Moscow and Stalingrad

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Yeah, not really fair. Granted it is easier for the Allies to take Germany and Rome, but they almost never can take Japan. A little skewed in my opinion.

• @LHoffman:

Yeah, not really fair. Granted it is easier for the Allies to take Germany and Rome, but they almost never can take Japan. A little skewed in my opinion.

Why not? After taking Germnay and Italy, they’ll have the economic advantage and can convoy raid Japan and her holdings.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Actually, they only need 14, and you’ve listed all outside north america(and london, since you put Rome twice.) However, Sydney and Honolulu will be difficult to take, as will be Moscow and Stalingrad

Moscow and Stalingrad, just win the East front like every other game, Honolulu (hey you spelled it right,) will be hard, but if you know all you need to do is hold that (later in the game,) build a lot of transports with you rich ass. Sydney (2 inf, and 1 art a turn?) not really with all your transports, and I think you met Paris not Rome.

• @Dylan:

Okay so Axis need 15 cities, Allies need all capitals, I don’t think that’s fair

Axis Victory:

You said Rome twice.

The reason Sydney is hard to take is that it is far away from Japan and is easily reinforced by the US. Hawaii is also easily reinforced by the US

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@LHoffman:

Why not? After taking Germnay and Italy, they’ll have the economic advantage and can convoy raid Japan and her holdings.

But unless the US do it (maybe Russia,) it won’t matter because Japan could be owning the Asian places, because UK has split income.

• If Japan captures all of Asia, Australia, and the Solomons, it makes 98 ipcs. The US is making 80 ipcs at the beginning plus Italy, Algeria, Maybe Gemrnay which will give it 90-100. UK will probably be making 30-40, and Russia also 30-40. Japan will lose unless they can liberate Germany and Italy

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

Axis Victory:

You said Rome twice.

The reason Sydney is hard to take is that it is far away from Japan and is easily reinforced by the US. Hawaii is also easily reinforced by the US

Damn it I got in solid in my head that Rome is a German territory in the game.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

If Japan captures all of Asia, Australia, and the Solomons, it makes 98 ipcs. The US is making 80 ipcs at the beginning plus Italy, Algeria, Maybe Gemrnay which will give it 90-100. UK will probably be making 30-40, and Russia also 30-40. Japan will lose unless they can liberate Germany and Italy

What I’m saying is if UK takes Germany and Italy they have split income and they could be dying on the Pacific bored.

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

If Japan captures all of Asia, Australia, and the Solomons, it makes 98 ipcs. The US is making 80 ipcs at the beginning plus Italy, Algeria, Maybe Gemrnay which will give it 90-100. UK will probably be making 30-40, and Russia also 30-40. Japan will lose unless they can liberate Germany and Italy

What I’m saying is if UK takes Germany and Italy they have split income and they could be dying on the Pacific bored.

Let them dies. Withe Germany and Italy they will be making 40-50 ipcs, and the US will be making 80, Russia 40-50 as well

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Let them dies. Withe Germany and Italy they will be making 40-50 ipcs, and the US will be making 80, Russia 40-50 as well

Russia’s navy would take like 30 turns to get to Japan, so the US need to do it, United Kingdom could take forever, the US is the only one who could!

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Russia’s navy would take like 30 turns to get to Japan, so the US need to do it, United Kingdom could take forever, the US is the only one who could!

True, but Russia land forces can hit Japan’s chinese territories. The UK can come and liberate India and the Asian coast

• I don’t think our group will ever actually play out the allied victory to the bitter end.  Once the axis are on the defensive, and have no chance to get any more victory cities, we’ll just call the game.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Marauder:

I don’t think our group will ever actually play out the allied victory to the bitter end.  Once the axis are on the defensive, and have no chance to get any more victory cities, we’ll just call the game.

That is the same thing we do. It gets inevitable at a certain point and once that point is reached it just becomes a drag for the person who has no hope. That is what happened last night. We played probably 4 turns (4th incomplete) of AA50, and the Axis had no hope left once Germany couldn’t take Moscow with their force in the Caucasus. I could explain it, but it might grow long and off topic. My brother and I played the Allies well and had one particular cycle of fortunate rolling with the Australian AA gun. The game could have looked totally different, but once Japan began to crumble and Germany could not dominate Russia… the end was known, so we quit the game. That and it was 1 o’clock in the morning and I had to get up at 7 for work…

• When all hope is gone……people just want to end this…so

• So if really think about it, the fact that no one really plays by the victory conditions,  the end result will all ways be the same as it was in AA50, quit once all hope is lost for a certain side.

• @fanofbond:

So if really think about it, the fact that no one really plays by the victory conditions,  the end result will all ways be the same as it was in AA50, quit once all hope is lost for a certain side.

Umm. I do  :|

• I mean in all seriousness the game is usually called before all the needed victory cities are captured.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m