AAG40 map vs. ILs new 39 global MAP

• Yes just like OOB

• IL I have already read your rules but have yet to play(I’m waiting for E40 for new pieces. I was just wondering if say USSR takes Berlin and has 25 points I think it was they would win. Then would the US and the UK win share there victory. If not what is there motivation for lend lease. Also who’s victory conditions are France and China included in.

• IL I have already read your rules but have yet to play(I’m waiting for E40 for new pieces. I was just wondering if say USSR takes Berlin and has 25 points I think it was they would win. Then would the US and the UK win share there victory. If not what is there motivation for lend lease. Also who’s victory conditions are France and China included in.

No. Russia wins by herself. The others come in 2nd, and 3rd place.

In this version how close you come to victory is recorded, but their can only be one winner.

Remember: its possible for Japan to win AND for Russia to win on the same turn. Makes it a tie.

These will latter be developed into tournament rules.

If France has a second life in the game, they count for both UK and USA

If China lasts latter in the game they count for Soviet conditions

The motivation for Lend lease is if the Russians fall, Europe falls and Germans win and makes it impossible for UK or USA to win.

USA has to keep them alive to chew up as many Germans as possible in order to weaken them and open second front and get its own victory conditions.

If you play the game and don’t give Russia money, they will probably fall and the entire German army comes to western Europe and just makes it very hard to win. You don’t want that.

In this you have two agendas: 1) defeat the common enemy, 2) win individually by the diplomacy of deflection*

• This means you convince your allies to fight in areas outside the areas that effect your victory conditions. Russia stays in Eastern Europe, UK Stays in Medd/Italy, USA stays in western Europe/Africa. USA can control Lend lease like a ball and chain to keep Russia from attacking places you don’t want them in. UK has a big fleet and can get around the map more easily that Russia.

Russian victory is simple: take Berlin and hold her own areas and take a couple of new ones.

Germany know this and can play a number of ways to screw up one or more allies. They are kind of kingmaker in a lost game for Germany.

all of this is exactly historical. The Soviets won WW2 and we came in 2nd place. UK came in third

Germany tried to make it easy for UK and USA to take Berlin, but the Americans hesitated and the Soviets saw this and took Berlin before Patton could change Eisenhower’s mind.

Of course the allies won, but England was seriously weakened from this war and the Soviets got much stronger by comparison ( by the margin of where they were in 1941 vs 1945) to either USA or UK)

UK took Rome, but didn’t collect the other VC cities to get enough points.

• if FRANCES capitol falls and IC captured or destroyed on G1, can FRANCE still build infantry or do the BRITS take everything over including IPCs?

If GEMANY fails to capture FRENCH capital on G1, can FRANCE build IC and place in another FRENCH tt anywhere on the board for future builds?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@lnmajor:

if FRANCES capitol falls and IC captured or destroyed on G1, can FRANCE still build infantry or do the BRITS take everything over including IPCs?

If GEMANY fails to capture FRENCH capital on G1, can FRANCE build IC and place in another FRENCH tt anywhere on the board for future builds?

Does IL not play with the ‘steal the players money’ rule? (When you take their capital)

• @LHoffman:

@lnmajor:

if FRANCES capitol falls and IC captured or destroyed on G1, can FRANCE still build infantry or do the BRITS take everything over including IPCs?

Does IL not play with the ‘steal the players money’ rule? (When you take their capital)

I doubt it, since it’s not historical

• So what are the victory conditions for each country?

• Isn’t this a house rules thread?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@allboxcars:

Isn’t this a house rules thread?

Ich weiss nicht.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

So what are the victory conditions for each country?

Like the new avatar, LOAFERS, LMAO!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m