Why is the nazi logo it's self ever shown.

• I’m going to assume because well one thing in Germany the KISS logo is banned because it looks too much like their logo, so I wonder if it’s illegal.

• Yes, it’s illegal in germany. in fact, you are not allowed to publish Mein Kampf without permission from the government.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Yeah I found this all out on day one of my membership here.

• Don’t even get me started with this stupid swastika ban.

• @Brain:

Don’t even get me started with this stupid swastika ban.

It’s about time BD. I was counting…

Anyway, IMTO it’s almost unfortunate that the swastika can’t be used. Like sensitivity to the Germans and all that is nice but really… shouldn’t they want the Nazi symbol associated with the aggressive “bad” Germans of the Axis rather than Germans in general??

But that’s just me. I wonder if they have no swastikas at the concentration camps that still stand so that future generations remember what that symbol brought with it…

@allboxcars:

But that’s just me. I wonder if they have no swastikas at the concentration camps that still stand so that future generations remember what that symbol brought with it…

Agreed. It’s unfortunate… understandable in some respects, but unfortunate that history as it was cannot be represented.

When I paint my AA pieces I will be putting swastikas on my German units. I bet AllWorkandNoClay does the same. Not because I like what the swatikas stand for, but because they were there… and it is history.

• This thread is turning political and should be closed

@cminke:

no it shouldent! we are expresing our feeling on the matter.

Not because I like what the swatikas stand for, but because they were there… and it is history.

well i LOVE what swatikas stand for.  swatika: (to be/good/suffix).   it was the hakenkreuz that was the symbol of the nazi party.(i dont like this)

Good point. And well put.

Personally, I think the Nazi emblem is one of the most attractive looking emblems of any WWII power. But that doesn’t mean I agree with what it stood for. Same goes for the Japanese Navy’s Rising Sun… that was pretty cool too.

• The swastika should be in the game because for historical reasons, not political reasons. And on a personal note, I find it aesthetically pleasing.

• @Brain:

The swastika should be in the game because for historical reasons, not political reasons. And on a personal note, I find it aesthetically pleasing.

I wonder if back in 1983 it could of been completely different in the game, like Germany’s might be the swastika, the British could  be the union jack, US’s could be the 48 stars part of the flag.

• This game is about military strategy and not politics
    That is why the Wehrmacht symbol is used  :-)

• @sgtbman:

This game is about military strategy and not politics

In fact, most of the roundels being used are not historically accurate.

• True, and I also don’t care if the Germans had the swastika or not. But I do understand that it means something bad for some people, just like the confederate flag here in the US, people are trying to get that erased from any part of the American experience, when IMO, it is something that shaped us more than anything else as a nation.

• @maverick_76:

True, and I also don’t care if the Germans had the swastika or not. But I do understand that it means something bad for some people, just like the confederate flag here in the US, people are trying to get that erased from any part of the American experience, when IMO, it is something that shaped us more than anything else as a nation.

Yeah it doesn’t help when you find those big trucks with the South’s flag!

Silly Ford, GMC, and Chrysler.

• I just don’t see why people think it is so bad. It is just a flag, that is it.

• @maverick_76:

I just don’t see why people think it is so bad. It is just a flag, that is it.

Agreed. If you want to forget the past, then go have a couple of drinks.

• @Brain:

@maverick_76:

I just don’t see why people think it is so bad. It is just a flag, that is it.

Agreed. If you want to forget the past, then go have a couple of drinks.

I heard beer doesn’t even taste that good.

• @Dylan:

It is an acquired taste, much like swastikas.

@Brain:

@Dylan:

It is an acquired taste, much like swastikas.

You guys are too much…

@sgtbman:

This game is about military strategy and not politics

I totally agree, but for Germany during the war, the swastika was integrated into the military because it was the will of the facist government in power. Like it or not, the Nazi swastika became a symbol for the German military. I would bet that you could find it on Wehrmacht uniforms too. It was on ships, planes, tanks and all other property of the State. And as we have seen with Hitler: politics and military strategy were almost one and the same. I could give numerous examples to back that up.

And to be fair, I really hate it when people refer to the whole German military as “the Nazis” … like, “Nazi soldiers” or “Nazi planes” or whatever they might say… While it may be, in some ways, technically correct usage (being that equipment was the property of the Nazi State), not every German was a Nazi. Not all Germans were the genocidal ones. There were those, in the Wehrmacht and the Kriegsmarine and the Luftwaffe who were fighting to answer their countries call. Not eliminate Jews and Bolsheviks.

So I am fine with the Wehrmacht symbol. I think it is good and suitable. I am sure they could have done much worse.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m