• Hey Kreig (or someone else who knows),
    Longtime reader, first time posting.

Can Chinese troops enter Burma? Or can they only attack Burma? If the British hold Burma, can China reinforce Burma? Can China deploy troops to Burma? Clarification would do wonders for me here…

Thanks in advance…

• All Chinese units can move to Bruma at any time, even if the UK is still neutral

• Official Q&A

Welcome, C_Moss_80!

@calvinhobbesliker:

All Chinese units can move to Bruma at any time, even if the UK is still neutral

Yup, however China can’t mobilize new units there, even if it controls the territory (which can only happen if India is held by Japan).

• PS: Same hold true for Kwangtung

• @calvinhobbesliker:

All Chinese units can move to Bruma at any time, even if the UK is still neutral

Thats dumb because if Japan wanted to attack them they would need to provoke war with the UK. Although I guess Japan can do the same thing to China in Mongolia, but still.

• Does Japan attacking Mongolia provoke war with the Allies?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Calvin, I remember needing to verify this just recently. And your reply didn’t jive with what I recalled. So I’m looking it up again. The rulebook states the following…

“Kwangtung and Burma are special cases. While they are not Chinese territories and cannot be controlled by China, Chinese forces can attack Axis units there and occupy them, but the IPC’s generated go the United Kingdom (unless India is under Axis control). These are the only non-Chinese territories that Chinese units can occupy.”

The phrase “can attack axis units there and occupy them” suggests they can only enter Burma to attempt to retake it (from the Axis) on behalf of the UK. I suppose it then becomes a matter of what the word occupy actually means. From a wartime perspective, I think of the word denoting an occupying force that previously invaded and has now established control. So I think of the Chinese as invading Axis controlled Burma to occupy it, on behalf of the UK.

If occupy simply means to exist in, I wish the sentence was worded differently to establish that it is not a cause and effect relationship.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Does Japan attacking Mongolia provoke war with the Allies?

no they can hide from China.

• @Xayd74:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Calvin, I remember needing to verify this just recently. And your reply didn’t jive with what I recalled. So I’m looking it up again. The rulebook states the following…

“Kwangtung and Burma are special cases. While they are not Chinese territories and cannot be controlled by China, Chinese forces can attack Axis units there and occupy them, but the IPC’s generated go the United Kingdom (unless India is under Axis control). These are the only non-Chinese territories that Chinese units can occupy.”

The phrase “can attack axis units there and occupy them” suggests they can only enter Burma to attempt to retake it (from the Axis) on behalf of the UK. I suppose it then becomes a matter of what the word occupy actually means. From a wartime perspective, I think of the word denoting an occupying force that previously invaded and has now established control. So I think of the Chinese as invading Axis controlled Burma to occupy it, on behalf of the UK.

If occupy simply means to exist in, I wish the sentence was worded differently to establish that it is not a cause and effect relationship.

Here was the question in the FAQ:
    Two Quick Questions:

1.)  If UK / ANZAC are not yet at war with Japan, can China Enter Burma / Kwang during its non-combat movement?

2.)  At what point can the US capture a Dutch territory?  Only after Japan has occupied it?

Thanks in advance

Here was Krieg’s answer:

1. Yes.

2. The US can take ownership of Dutch territories only by capturing them from Japan.

Here is the thread: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=16870.45
    Replies #47&48

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m