Attacking North Korea..(Suggestions)

• Okay, I’m thinking very hypothetically here, so bear with me. I realize that it wouldn’t be the ideal plan of disarmament, but if it ever came to a war with North Korea, what are your thoughts?

Who do you think would join in a war of this magnitude?
    Who do you think would come out the least damaged (ie. who would win)?
    Do you think the US would use nuclear weapons if NK used theirs?

• Japan would either be very for or very against the war. South Korea would be in. China would sit by silently. Russia would probably help out. Australia definately would. Britain, Canada, the usual.

I don’t doubt the US would respond to Nuclear weapons if North Korea made the first shot. Hell, I doubt Bush would hesitate to make the first shot.

North Korea would be utterly destroyed, but the surrounding countries would take a major beating.

• I think everyone in the area would oppose a war. Especially South Korea. North Korea has a couple hundred thousand conventional rocket launchers aimed at Soeul. South Korea is not in the mood for war. It is in the mood for reconciliation. The real question here is why didn’t the US deliver the 2 light water reactors that were promised in the 1994 agreement to have N. Korea mothball its heavy water reactors?

I guess the N. Koreans are not allowed to have heat and electricity according to the Bush adminstration. Why does the rest of the world hate us? I keep forgetting.

• Well, I definately think a war there would be a bad thing. However, the North Korean Government is failing, and getting desperate. Something minor could happen and trigger a huge war.

• The real question here is why didn’t the US deliver the 2 light water reactors that were promised in the 1994 agreement to have N. Korea mothball its heavy water reactors?

Probably becuase North Korea never committed to their end of the deal either. :-?

• @Anonymous:

The real question here is why didn’t the US deliver the 2 light water reactors that were promised in the 1994 agreement to have N. Korea mothball its heavy water reactors?

Probably becuase North Korea never committed to their end of the deal either. :-?

How so? The reactors were sealed and guarded by UN troops and inspectors. The North Koreans complained that the light water reactors were 3 years late and no sign of them being started anytime soon. They kicked out the UN teams and unlocked the reactors. What part of this sequence is N. Korea to blame for?

• They were developing enriched uranium in smaller, more clandescent (sp?) laboratories that the weapons inspectors had no clue about. (Niether did our CIA or NSA.) In fact, Clinton himself just admitted exactly what I’m telling you, two days ago on Larry King Live.

• For the allied side I could see the U.S. South Korea, and maybe the U.K.
    There is a chance that China would send “volunteers” to help North Korea.

For the second question that would be hard to say both Koreas would be hurt although the North would probably be hurt more cause of U.S. Air Power!

For the third question I would have to say it would depend. If on the battlefield maybe, Seoul or U.S. soil YES we would respond in kind!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m