Need Some Help Understanding the J3 India Crush

• An airbase on Kwangsi allows ftrs and tacs there to hit India and land in Shan, Yunnan, or Ceyon. Airbases are not useless for +1. For example, If the US takes Iwo, bombers from WUS can hit Z6 and land on Iwo. This is impossible without an airbase. You’re assuming that planes always want to return to their starting position

• If I was to use one my 6 available ground troops to capture Ceylon on round 2, is it still legal to offload the other one into India?

If you placed an airbase in Kwangsi or FIC on round2 and landed your planes there (with intent to land them in Yunnan/Shan State on round 3), then you would have two rounds to capture, lose and then stablely recapture Yunnan or Shan State.

That might be a possibility. I’ll have to test it, but it sounds promising. I’m guessing this is what everybody else is doing?
    Can I assume that I’m correct about the maximum number of ground troops that can be placed in India on J3 (4x Inf, 1x Tank, 1x Art)?

• @Xayd74:

If I was to use one my 6 available ground troops to capture Ceylon on round 2, is it still legal to offload the other one into India?

If you placed an airbase in Kwangsi or FIC on round2 and landed your planes there (with intent to land them in Yunnan/Shan State on round 3), then you would have two rounds to capture, lose and then stablely recapture Yunnan or Shan State.

That might be a possibility. I’ll have to test it, but it sounds promising. I’m guessing this is what everybody else is doing?
    Can I assume that I’m correct about the maximum number of ground troops that can be placed in India on J3 (4x Inf, 1x Tank, 1x Art)?

Nope, both units on a trans must land in the same territory. Everyone who uses this strat is using it this way.

• Of course I should just offload them both onto Ceylon, and then move them again on J3.

Making the assumption the UK fleet is in the India SZ on R2, I could have moved a loaded AC, Battleship, loaded Transport and Destroyer into that SZ (39). Further, a sizable SZ6 fleet could have moved to SZ (38) with it’s 4 Aircraft Carrier planes participating in the R2 SZ39 engagement. If India uses scrambling to assist its 3 ships and any ANY of those planes are lost, that would be spectacular for Japan.

If the UK fleet is in SZ41 on R2, the Ceylon technique won’t work, but that won’t have changed what I was doing in Asia, so I would simply switch to one of the other alternate landing sites for my planes. And this alternative opens up bombardment capability.

That sounds pretty disgusting.

• @Xayd74:

Of course I should just offload them both onto Ceylon, and then move them again on J3.

Making the assumption the UK fleet is in the India SZ on R2, I could have moved a loaded AC, Battleship, loaded Transport and Destroyer into that SZ (39). Further, a sizable SZ6 fleet could have moved to SZ (38) with it’s 4 Aircraft Carrier planes participating in the R2 SZ39 engagement. If India uses scrambling to assist its 3 ships and any ANY of those planes are lost, that would be spectacular for Japan.

If the UK fleet is in SZ41 on R2, the Ceylon technique won’t work, but that won’t have changed what I was doing in Asia, so I would simply switch to one of the other alternate landing sites for my planes.

That sounds pretty disgusting.

Disgusting??

• You know, the good kind of disgusting. Good for Japan anyway.

• Ok, so it worked.

FIC turned out to be way more valuable than I ever thought. In fact, I concluded that building an Airbase, Naval Yard and Minor IC there is better than a major anywhere else, provided I keep funneling men down from Japan every turn. FIC is within 3 spaces of both Japan and India, and cannot be reached from Queensland in 1 turn. Further, having planes stationed there for both scrambling and general attacks is very very helpful.

The J3 India Crush plane landing site can reliably be either Ceylon or Shan State, depending on whether I’m blocked in the DEI. So I have a choice.

I played the Allies as well, knowingly engineering their response to prevent the Crush as I played it out. Based on this, I think I can reliably win with Japan now (barring BS rolls), so long as I follow a very strict set of guidelines and movements.

Now if this is the case, with only one reliable way for Japan to win against seasoned Allies, a way the Allies cant seem to prevent, doesn’t that make for a boring game?

• @Xayd74:

Ok, so it worked.

FIC turned out to be way more valuable than I ever thought. In fact, I concluded that building an Airbase, Naval Yard and Minor IC there is better than a major anywhere else, provided I keep funneling men down from Japan every turn. FIC is within 3 spaces of both Japan and India, and cannot be reached from Queensland in 1 turn. Further, having planes stationed there for both scrambling and general attacks is very very helpful.

The J3 India Crush plane landing site can reliably be either Ceylon or Shan State, depending on whether I’m blocked in the DEI. So I have a choice.

I played the Allies as well, knowingly engineering their response to prevent the Crush as I played it out. Based on this, I think I can reliably win with Japan now (barring BS rolls), so long as I follow a very strict set of guidelines and movements.

Now if this is the case, with only one reliable way for Japan to win against seasoned Allies, a way the Allies cant seem to prevent, doesn’t that make for a boring game?

You can’t scramble from FIC, since it’s not an island.

There are other ways for Japan to win; look at kaufshtick’s strat.

When you concluded that japan can win with this strat, did you go to 6 VC’s? Becuase building an AB, NB, and MinIC costs 42, and that’s 42 ipc’s not spent on navy todeter the US and ANZAC, which by now should be going strong.

• So you’re right. Scrambling is for islands only.

I don’t know the acronym VC. I see on the acronym thread there’s a CV for Cruisers. If memory serves, I had 4 cruisers and 2 BS for bombardment options. By Japan’s R3, the US and ANZAC fleets were, together, noteworthy, but not yet in position.

• @Xayd74:

So you’re right. Scrambling is for islands only.

I don’t know the acronym VC. I see on the acronym thread there’s a CV for Cruisers. If memory serves, I had 4 cruisers and 2 BS for bombardment options. By Japan’s R3, the US and ANZAC fleets were, together, noteworthy, but not yet in position.

VC = Victory City

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m