• Founder TripleA Admin

Yeah, it is a little annoying that the printable versions are in there. Stupid SMF forums should have had all of those links set to nofollow and noindex.

Ones of these days we’re switching to Phorum.

• '12

How does the search engine work?  I am asking this because I did a search for “aamap” and it only returned 4 links?  Surely there are more than 4 postings with the word ‘aamap’ in it?  Is there pattern matching in the search, ie wildcards or wild characters (no not me!) like searching for destro* for anything that starts with destro.  Would it be possible to have an ‘advanced’ search feature to add filters like dates?  Can you have multiple keywords with logical operaters like ‘and’ ‘or’ ‘not’?

• I like the new search function, even if it is simplified, it’s better than nothing. :-)  Thanks DJ.

• Founder TripleA Admin

There’s a new, larger search box. Let’s try this one for a while.

• '12

Cool, this is much better!  The AAmap issue I feel is a result of not having a space between aa and map.  A new search with a “aa map” returned many more results.  Did google supply anything for syntax on using boolean operators or other advanced search criterias?

• Founder TripleA Admin

It’s the standard syntax for Google searches.

If there are certain searches that work better than others, please list them. I can include a list of search suggestions for the search bar.

• I like the search on Larry’s site. I type larry (or krieghund) in the “search author”. It takes me to all their post the most recent ones first. It doesn’t matter if they started the tread or are just responding. That way you can stay on top of recent Larry sightings, or important Q & A w/Krieg. It also helps if you know one of them said something you want reference to, but you can’t remember what topic.

This site defiantly needs something?

• Founder TripleA Admin

If you type Krieghund into the search box, the first hit is Krieghund’s profile page, from there you can see all of his posts.

• Thanks djensen, that is helpful when looking for clarifications on the new game. Its like a highlight real.

• @djensen:

If you type Krieghund into the search box, the first hit is Krieghund’s profile page, from there you can see all of his posts.

It may take a while to look through them all  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m