Air and Naval Bases in Europe/Global 40

• Which is a realistic depiction of the war in the East. Germany invaded with three massive armies in operation Barbarossa, and then invaded South with a huge army later on at Stalingrad. I was just tired of games turning into “stack-attacks” with like 50+ infantry on each side because it bogged the game down and made it more tedious than thrilling. I’m excited that the way the game is designed now seems to respect the vastness of Russia and the unique way that it has to be attacked/defended.

• Hopefully it will not just melt down to two giant stacks facing off against one another as in the original A&A Europe.

• I know what you mean about the “two giant stacks” being boring.  The problem is the game mechanics.  Say Germany sends most of its troops towards Stalingrad, with only picket defenses in the center and north…  what does Russia have to do? put the bulk of its troops between the giant German stack and Moscow…  Its not like Russia can just ignore the big German stack.  There you have it “two giant stacks.”

• But I think Germany’s hand will be forced to be more modern than just infantry because apparently they will have a 40+ IPC income after France falls, then around 50 once they invade Russia. With all that money and only a major IC in Berlin to build munitions they will have to build tanks/artillery/mech. inf. or save money.

• @Axisgirl:

whaaaat? where are you getting 40+ IPC? Germany is worth maybe 20. Japan itself is worth 8 in Pacific 40

Germany is a few territories, and they’ll have Poland

• You are probably right- Germany will likely be limited to a certain number of units- like in AA50.  However, France likely has at least a minor IC and it would not be difficult to build another minor IC closer to the Eastern Front.  So, Germany still could build 13-16 units.

Germany will probably start in the low 30s for income and after France is taken it will be in the 40s.

• http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18837.0

look, they also have the low countries, Denmark, and Norway

• @cminke:

HE KNOWS ABOUT A n.o. FOR GERMANY!  GET HIM! :wink: :-D

what did IL tell you about again?

• Germany will probably start in the low 30s for income and after France is taken it will be in the 40s.

My guess:
    West Germany: 8
    East Germany: 10
    NW Europe: 2
    Rhineland: 2
    Austria: 2
    Poland: 2
    West Czechoslovakia: 2
    Slovakia: 2
    Denmark: 2
    Norway: 3
    Total: 35 IPCs

That’s pretty conservative

• @Axisgirl:

And if you let Italy eat up Africa…Then Germany looks pretty bleak

Africa will be hard, but if you can get through Egypt and Med you will be able to slowly move on the British, but they have an IC in South Africa. Russia will be bigger so Germany could get a lot more countless territories and France will be a few, so they can build up, but if the US ever gets there they are rich

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m