• Can a place build a minor IC in Australia because there are about 6 places in the island so what does it count as, and also if know what about North America every other country needs to take a boat to get, there, but an IC can be built in Alaska, so yeah.

• You can build minor ICs in both Alaska and Queensland

• You can build a minor IC on any tt that has a value of at least 2 ipc that you owned sense the beginning of your turn, and is not an island by definition (single land tt surrounded by a single sz).

I was thinking the other day that it would have been interesting if they made Dutch New Guinea worth 2 ipc’s.

• @WILD:

You can build a minor IC on any tt that has a value of at least 2 ipc that you owned sense the beginning of your turn, and is not an island by definition (single land tt surrounded by a single sz).

I was thinking the other day that it would have been interesting if they made Dutch New Guinea worth 2 ipc’s.

I am actually surprised about it, that it had no IPC value, I guess just to prevent an IC.

• If ANZAC wastes 12 on an IC in New Guinea, Japan will gladly take it from Z35 or 33

• No I was talking about Dutch New Guinea, where either Japan or US in the right circumstances could build a minor IC if it was valued at 2 ipc.

Edit:
    Right now the only options the US has to build an IC is Alaska, Mexico (not much help), Korea, and FIC in Pac.

• @WILD:

No I was talking about Dutch New Guinea, where either Japan or US in the right circumstances could build a minor IC if it was valued at 2 ipc.

Edit:
    Right now the only options the US has to build an IC is Alaska, Mexico (not much help), Korea, and FIC in Pac.

Korea? Thats Japanese, they would need to knock out the Japanese navy, then unload and try to hold it from Japanese forces in Asia.

• @Dylan:

@WILD:

No I was talking about Dutch New Guinea, where either Japan or US in the right circumstances could build a minor IC if it was valued at 2 ipc.

Edit:

Korea? Thats Japanese, they would need to knock out the Japanese navy, then unload and try to hold it from Japanese forces in Asia.

Yes, they would.

Also, the US can build factories in Hong Kong and Singapore if Calcutta is Japanese

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@WILD:

Edit:

Yes, they would.

Also, the US can build factories in Hong Kong and Singapore if Calcutta is Japanese

True, but I will most likely regret posting this, but why, Calcutta isnt Indias capital.

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@WILD:

Edit:

Yes, they would.

True, but I will most likely regret posting this, but why, Calcutta isnt Indias capital.

Like Sydney being more important than Canberra, Calcutta is more important than Delhi

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@WILD:

Edit:

Yes, they would.

Like Sydney being more important than Canberra, Calcutta is more important than Delhi

Are you sure because Delhi it`s self might be in West India, but that is kind of shifting it though, but who knows.

• Yeah, it’s possible it’s in West India. It’s near the border, so it could be on either side.

• The only problem w/building on UK tt when Calcutta is in Jap hands is at some point you may want to liberate India, and your screwed. UK won’t have the $ to spend there, and you would loose the US presents in Asia.

Korea, from what I’ve heard can be a game winner for US if Jap gets caught off guard w/full India press, but building in the same waters as Japan itself sounds kind risky to me (I’ve not seen it). It would have to be in the right circumstances.

I can’t see any reason to build US IC in Mexico, it might be ok for Japan, but that would be really risky too.

A US build on Alaska would get unis a little closer to Japan, but would also paint a bulls eye there for Jap to attack (of coarse that could be a good thing to draw them to US and away from Asia).

FIC seems like it would be good for US to build (minor) but unless you could get UK back on its feet, 3 units/round is not that much.

I think it would be useful to US if it could build a minor IC on Dutch New G just to replace ground troops it may loose in island hopping, or some extra dd’s for the front lines. It could even get a little help from the Anz. It might prove to be tough to hold on to though.

• @WILD:

The only problem w/building on UK tt when Calcutta is in Jap hands is at some point you may want to liberate India, and your screwed. UK won’t have the $ to spend there, and you would loose the US presents in Asia.

Korea, from what I’ve heard can be a game winner for US if Jap gets caught off guard w/full India press, but building in the same waters as Japan itself sounds kind risky to me (I’ve not seen it). It would have to be in the right circumstances.

I can’t see any reason to build US IC in Mexico, it might be ok for Japan, but that would be really risky too.

A US build on Alaska would get unis a little closer to Japan, but would also paint a bulls eye there for Jap to attack (of coarse that could be a good thing to draw them to US and away from Asia).

FIC seems like it would be good for US to build (minor) but unless you could get UK back on its feet, 3 units/round is not that much.

I think it would be useful to US if it could build a minor IC on Dutch New G just to replace ground troops it may loose in island hopping, or some extra dd’s for the front lines. It could even get a little help from the Anz. It might prove to be tough to hold on to though.

If the US has a factory, I would just take all British tt except India, so the money goes to a power which uses it.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@WILD:

The only problem w/building on UK tt when Calcutta is in Jap hands is at some point you may want to liberate India, and your screwed. UK won’t have the $ to spend there, and you would loose the US presents in Asia.

If the US has a factory, I would just take all British tt except India, so the money goes to a power which uses it.

Poor India, anyways US would most likely liberate in a real war, but no your a mean commander Eisenhower, but what would you do with China territories.

• @Dylan:

Poor India, anyways US would most likely liberate in a real war, but no your a mean commander Eisenhower, but what would you do with China territories.

You would have no choice but to liberate them (China). US can’t collect the $, and can’t build an IC on Chinese land. You surly don’t want Jap to keep them and collect income. As you res-erect China they get to buy inf again yippee :lol:

• You can’t build IC’s on islands, Japan being the exception. (Australia a continent)

• @Van_Trump:

You can’t build IC’s on islands, Japan being the exception. (Australia a continent)

Actually, you can’t build ICs on Japan either, since it already has one!

• @WILD:

@Dylan:

You would have no choice but to liberate them (China). US can’t collect the $, and can’t build an IC on Chinese land. You surly don’t want Jap to keep them and collect income. As you res-erect China they get to buy inf again yippee :lol:

Do those Infantry just guard the coastline?

• Either that or defend american stacks or recapture its tt

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m