• Okay so I live in Canada, so as far as money, were close to the US. Anyways, if you look a Pesos in Mexico there about $12.50 Canadian Dollars. What would be like oh I dont know like of a Chocolate bar or a Hot wheel or something around the price range, how many pesos would that be.

Okay now India`s currency. 1 CAD is about $46.50 Indian rupee. So again same type of item what is the range of that in India.

Okay in South Korea, about $1,222.00 is the amount of 1 Canadian Dollar. I am going to assume their like Japan on this one.

Okay Russian Ruble. About $30.00 CAD. Again same thing

Okay thanks

• what does this have to do with anything? Or is this yet another “Canada is awesome” thread?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

what does this have to do with anything? Or is this yet another “Canada is awesome” thread?

What the hell, no I hate the Canadian dollar, and it has to do with everything, because I need a good landing place thats cheap to go where I want go, if that make sense to you.

• @Dylan:

@idk_iam_swiss:

what does this have to do with anything? Or is this yet another “Canada is awesome” thread?

What the hell, no I hate the Canadian dollar, and it has to do with everything, because I need a good landing place thats cheap to go where I want go, if that make sense to you.

Perhaps you should enroll in a communications class.

• @Brain:

@Dylan:

@idk_iam_swiss:

Perhaps you should enroll in a communications class.

Umm are you trying to be annoying?

• @Dylan:

Usually people find me annoying when I am not even trying to be so. :-D But, seriously, sometimes I find that I have a real difficult time understanding your posts.

• @Brain:

@Dylan:

Usually people find me annoying when I am not even trying to be so. :-D But, seriously, sometimes I find that I have a real difficult time understanding your posts.

Well I haven`t even graduated high school yet.

• Anyways everyone back on topic, please.

• @Dylan:

Anyways everyone back on topic, please.

What exactly is the topic?

• @Brain:

@Dylan:

Anyways everyone back on topic, please.

What exactly is the topic?

If your going somewhere what, usually has the cheapest prices.

• I guess you mean if you take a trip, what country would you get the best bang for your (Canadian) buck.

• @WILD:

I guess you mean if you take a trip, what country would you get the best bang for your (Canadian) buck.

yes, if you have trouble with Canadas dollar its just a bit more then the US dollar

• Yea the US and Can $ are close. I’ve heard Mexico is reasonable. A few people have told me there are good deals on cruises to like Caribbean. My oldest son (22 y) is sorta planning a trip to Europe next year, haven’t really said much yet about prices. I would think that w/economy in the crapper you could find some good deals out there.

• Theres no need to be Childish. Just be clear with your point. If you want a cheap place to travel that all depends on what you want. Typically you get what you pay for. If you mean stocks to invest in….then I can gladly give you investment advice too. And no i didnt mean to be rude. Im just sick of all the Canada threads. Ive lived there and its not that amazing.

• '12

Saying you lived in Canada blah blah blah is like you saying you lived in Europe somewhere and the view was not that good.  Mind you Canada is no Europe obviously from a point of view of history and failed nations.  But europe is not much bigger than the province in Canada I live in……

My next trip is going to be Italy, Greece and Egypt.  Nothing like seeing 3 major has-been empires to put the world in perspective for somebody who grew up in a never-ran empire.

Mexico is nothing like when I went there.  A bit scary with the drug warfare going on and you can lay on a beach anywhere, mind you, white sand in Cancun was sweet.

I don’t think you will be drinking much Dylan so all inclusives would not be a good value.  What are your interests?  Does it have to be a foreign country?  You really do need to visit different countries and the US doesn’t really count as being ‘different’.  By that I mean the people and culture.  Sure it has lots of nice things to see and do, but that doesn’t give you as much a feel for the place as interacting with the ‘natives’.

The eruo is down compared to historic values, but europe is NOT cheap, hotels are just silly priced.  Backpacking might be an option with hostels, but you need more than 1 week for that, I’d say a month backpacking with a eurotravel pass.  Tropics in summer is kindof a waste, do that in winter.

• They way to do it is rent an apartment for a month its only about 300 eruos compared to staying in a 2 star hostel ( about 700 for one WEEK) Thats how we did it. Europe is amazing as long as you go with freinds that arent older than 25. Old people make a trip to Europe old and borng.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

They way to do it is rent an apartment for a month its only about 300 eruos compared to staying in a 2 star hostel ( about 700 for one WEEK) Thats how we did it. Europe is amazing as long as you go with freinds that arent older than 25. Old people make a trip to Europe old and borng.

Where would be the best place, like UK, France, Low Countries, Spain/Portugal, Germany, Countries in between Germany and Italy, Italy, Greece, Old Yugoslavian places, Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Baltic States, Belarus, or the Ukraine.

• Again that depends on what you want. I’m not going to “bash” certain countries or say that others are better or worse.

however! there are things that you’ll definitely see in certain countries. What languages do you speak ( other then English) Its not a prerequisite to a good time but it certainly enriches the experience if you can understand what people are talking about!

• I learn French in school.

• @Dylan:

@idk_iam_swiss:

They way to do it is rent an apartment for a month its only about 300 eruos compared to staying in a 2 star hostel ( about 700 for one WEEK) Thats how we did it. Europe is amazing as long as you go with freinds that arent older than 25. Old people make a trip to Europe old and borng.

Where would be the best place, like UK, France, Low Countries, Spain/Portugal, Germany, Countries in between Germany and Italy, Italy, Greece, Old Yugoslavian places, Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Baltic States, Belarus, or the Ukraine.

As a rule of thumb: the more south you go in (the western parts of) Europe, the cheaper life is.

But, the more northern you go, the more people will know english ;)

If you want really cheap prices i can also recommend Asia (Vietnam for example, has gone up in price a lot the last few years, but is still very cheap. In food, and in accomodation. The flight might be more expensive though…

Edit: you can also consider doing several countries, of course

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m