• i’ve been reading through the ideas, i like the navel port idea but now im trying to find a symbol or something to mark the location of the port on the map. any one have any design that i could use?

• @turkey:

i’ve been reading through the ideas, i like the navel port idea but now im trying to find a symbol or something to mark the location of the port on the map. any one have any design that i could use?

You could use Naval bases from pacific 1940

• i dont have 1940 that the prob. although i am makeing a few of my own…

• @turkey:

i dont have 1940 that the prob. although i am makeing a few of my own…

You could use these and paint an anchor on the top.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18136.0

• You could make tanks cost 6.

You could also do the old type of Strategic Bombings, instead of rolling against the factory, your rolling against the IPCS. Say Britain had 26 IPCs, you bomb then and roll a 5, Britain now has 21 IPC`S

• @Dylan:

You could make tanks cost 6.

You could also do the old type of Strategic Bombings, instead of rolling against the factory, your rolling against the IPCS. Say Britain had 26 IPCs, you bomb then and roll a 5, Britain now has 21 IPC`S

we actually made a change to bombing and it works well….

… the rules state that a complex can be damaged for 2x the value of the territory… example. caucasus can have 8 damage markers.  but further bombing is pointless if they dont repair.

Our change… complexes can recieve damage equal to the IPC value.  but, further bombing affects IPC’s (like the old Bombing Rules).  example.  3 bombers hit caucasus… Di rolls = 3, 5, 6  … Damage = 3 + 1 then (3 + 4 IPC’s) because its territory IPC value per bomber you cant go higher than 4 on each di roll

• thats sound good any more?

• Just interested in your opinion … Why do you think Adv. Artillery is a “crock”?

Because it never existed as a technology that could even effect infantry in that manner. Artillery do aid infantry, but not DOUBLE THEIR OFFENSIVE EFFECTIVENESS.  If anything planes should aid tanks or men and tanks get the bonus.

Now we get this advanced “thing”: News flash: “…Our fearless leader has introduced this new kind of artillery that makes an army fight three times more effectively and will now turn the tide of the war”. Gee wiz but i never read one book of this development. I wonder if that invention came after Hitler flew to mars to form his new colony of 8 foot SS waffen soldiers? Sorry but i am not buying these technology rules. They are very shallow ideas IMO.

War bonds are not technology either. They are printed pieces of paper that people pay forward to finance the Government outlay to fund the war effort. Its ridiculous to assign this as “technology”

Paratroopers are not technology. You might as put down “you can new build a navy” as a technology.

• lol NICE! :lol:

• '12

I think advanced economic policy is a technology.  Being able to build military equipment on credit is a wonderful thing.

I think they call artillery the queen of the battlefield.  I would wager without artillery, infantry would be much less than 50% as effective as they would otherwise be.  Now having said this, in the world of AA, making infantry fight on a 3?  Am I getting this correct?  Cause that just seems a  bit too much.

• @Imperious:

Just interested in your opinion … Why do you think Adv. Artillery is a “crock”?

Because it never existed as a technology that could even effect infantry in that manner. Artillery do aid infantry, but not DOUBLE THEIR OFFENSIVE EFFECTIVENESS. ……

that makes sense

• i had a ide just the other day
    name: Barracks or military base (havent decided yet)
    you would buy these for 45-50 ipc’s andple them on any land and any land units that are on that specific territoryit also makes up to 5 and only 5 INFANTRY to defend on a three much like the defender defends on a two this just boosts that for 5 infantry it did some thing else but i dont have the note pad i wrote it on infront of me. :) wat do u thinK? oh yeah and each country has a limited amount you can buy its like 6-7 it also can be captured by enemies and used by enemies it can be taken down but must be rebought to put back up eneimes can take it down if unwanted (if captured it is free and it does not go within the 6-7 restriction)

• @Imperious:

Because it never existed as a technology that could even effect infantry in that manner. Artillery do aid infantry, but not DOUBLE THEIR OFFENSIVE EFFECTIVENESS.

What do you think of this for Adv. Artillery Tech…
    Artillery attack value 3 in the 1st cycle of combat only 
    or 
    Artillery Fire In the Opening Fire step of combat on the 1st Cycle

Also Considering the Tech Cart from AA50… 
    What would you replace for War Bonds and Paratroopers?

• What do you think of this for Adv. Artillery Tech…
    Artillery attack value 3 in the 1st cycle of combat only
    or
    Artillery Fire In the Opening Fire step of combat on the 1st Cycle

Also Considering the Tech Cart from AA50…
    What would you replace for War Bonds and Paratroopers?

Paratroopers should be standard rules ( all start with them)

I have this fix in my own house rule section ( check under IL’s this or that)

• @Imperious:

Paratroopers should be standard rules ( all start with them)

I have this fix in my own house rule section ( check under IL’s this or that)

yeah paratroopers should be for everyone, but would it still work the same as the tech rule? 
    Para drop is an attack move, 1 Infantry, Bomber must stop in 1st Hostile Territory,  bomber can attack, If AA Gun hits it kills both units,

Sorry but with the massive amounts of posts here im not sure where your own house rules are… can you post the link.

• naval and air bases, alternate country combinations, and 10 or 12 IPC’s price for IC’s

• naval & Air bases could be interesting, the cost of the complex is too cheap at 10 IPC’s - america and Japan could exploit this option,  12 is probably to cheap as well,  Alt Country Combinations don’t work with the set up.  you would have to change the initial deployment, values of territs, starting IPC’s… Etc Etc. Etc.  it becomes a different game.

• i have succesfully  incorperated the use of navel bases into my games i also have incorperated barraks i shall come up with rules for the air basses and se how it works out :-D

• :-D these are all great ideas i am using many ofthem does any one have any more…?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m