• Should I build an industry in South Africa (as the Allies,) to support Africa or let it fall.

• '16 '15 '10

Interesting.  It was a bad idea in Revised.

Maybe better in 42, where it’s harder to land stuff in Morroco efficiently.

I don’t think I would do it unless my overall game plan including pressure on Japan in the Pacific.  Otherwise the Japs will take SAF whenever they get around to it.

• If you do you will need the Indian And Australian fleet to back it up.  It has been done before but, Egypt, India, or australia are usually the better options

• Typically put one in Egypt. Or India.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Typically put one in Egypt. Or India.

Egypt is not British on UK1, and India can be captured by Japan

• It is possible to defend Egypt and on your turn build a complex.  it depends on the german strategy being used and of course the rolls. 
    Last game i played germany (2 inf., 2 tanks, fighter) missed with everything and britain (Inf., Tank, Fighter) defended with everything.  germany had to retreat to save the plane and britain fortified egypt with troops from The area, the AA Gun and navy, and built a complex.  Amazingly Awesome game

• That’s very unlikely. Don’t count on it

• @Keredrex:

It is possible to defend Egypt and on your turn build a complex.  it depends on the german strategy being used and of course the rolls. 
    Last game i played germany (2 inf., 2 tanks, fighter) missed with everything and britain (Inf., Tank, Fighter) defended with everything.  germany had to retreat to save the plane and britain fortified egypt with troops from The area, the AA Gun and navy, and built a complex.  Amazingly Awesome game

Dude you got destroyed in Egypt. You mean you didn’t attack it G1

• No i de@finnman:

Dude you got destroyed in Egypt. You mean you didn’t attack it G1

yes germany attacked me in round 1.  I defended with britain… Germany didnt send there bomber.  Even if they did its still Possible germany could miss ALL the rolls… Its rare, but Rolls can go bad. And most players would not continue to Attack with only a (1 fighter and 1 tank) against (1 inf. 1 tank & 1 Fighter).

another game we played… in Round 1…
    Russia attacked with (9 Inf., 1 Art., 1 Tank) into West russia (germany having 3 Inf., 1 Art., 1 Tank)
    …in the 1st Cycle… Russia Missed every roll and germany hit 4. Leaving russia with only - 5 inf. 1 art 1 tank
    …in the 2nd Cycle… Russia hit only once, Germany Hit 4 again. 
    Russia only has 1 inf., 1 art., 1 tank germany has 2 inf., 1 Art., 1 tank
    Russia Retreats to protect the Tank.    (Russia did take Ukraine easily though)

Like i said … RARE… but it can happen

later that same Game Japan attacked caucasus with 2 bombers Complex Raid…  SNAKE EYES were rolled
    the round after Another Japanese Bomber and another was shot down
    3 Japanese bombers that did absoultely nothing
    we were all using Field marshal dice

Fantastic game over all… we called it a draw after 15 rounds

• I guess that, like in Revised, is a horrible idea if you try ignore Japan. But if you are going to fight the Pacific, SAF IC is a must for UK, and probably more now since UK’s navy can be nullified at least the first 3-4 rounds with a proper german approach

• I tried it and it seemed to work  :-)

• '12

If the Germans attacked Egypt and failed then the british fleet moves though the Suez and sinks the German fleet of Egypt.  With no ability to get further German units into Africa why would you want to build an IC?

If the Germans don’t attack Egypt then they probaby are not a very good player.  If they don’t even use the German fleet to land units into Libya then you should probably be playing a better opponent.

So, at the very least, a poor timid German should have 4 land units in Libya, plus the ability to land 2 more units on Africa on G2 combined with 4 in Libya combined with airforce.  And you plan on defending a newly built IC in Egypt against that?

I am generally against any strategy that goes like this:  “Well, I build an IC here, and all the allies have to do is fly all their planes to the territory and revolve all their plans around defending the IC and it can work!”.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

If the Germans attacked Egypt and failed then the british fleet moves though the Suez and sinks the German fleet of Egypt.  With no ability to get further German units into Africa why would you want to build an IC?

If the Germans don’t attack Egypt then they probaby are not a very good player.  If they don’t even use the German fleet to land units into Libya then you should probably be playing a better opponent.

So, at the very least, a poor timid German should have 4 land units in Libya, plus the ability to land 2 more units on Africa on G2 combined with 4 in Libya combined with airforce.  And you plan on defending a newly built IC in Egypt against that?

I am generally against any strategy that goes like this:  “Well, I build an IC here, and all the allies have to do is fly all their planes to the territory and revolve all their plans around defending the IC and it can work!”.

When do the Germans not take Egypt, the only 2 times was when I sent, 2 Infantry, 2 Tanks, 1 Bomber, and a few Fighters, but I did clear out the area, just lost all my units there! Then when I was like the Allies, he “I don’t want to waste units to fight in Africa!” and only sent in the forces in Libya, and 1 infantry and 1 Tank from Southern Europe.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m