How is France going to survive even 1 round?!?

• @UN:

Less talk about some empire that existed 9000 years ago, more talking about possibilities with the French after the fall of Metrpololian France in this game.  :roll:

9000 years ago? That’s 7,000 BCE, before the civilization of Egypt.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

Less talk about some empire that existed 9000 years ago, more talking about possibilities with the French after the fall of Metropolitan France in this game.  :roll:

Yep, and the empire fell around 654 AD. The British Empire that supposedly came around in the 18th-20th century was a poser.  :lol:

Only two possibilities exist for after France’s capitulation, it will fall, the Morning might come again, but it will fall during G1 or G2.

The first being is the French navy, probably the majority will be the Mediterranean, maybe something in the Atlantic as well. Since the there is no Vichy element, and no ‘bad blood’ between them and the British, there’ll be no loss of lives (and vessels) between allies. I can see the fleet regrouping, but most likely forming multinational defense rings with England and America. Whatever is left of the fleet that is…

As the land forces, ie infantry, they’ll be scattered in Africa and the Middle East (Syria), again, the only worthwhile option is to form multinational defense, to help the Allies stem the tide. I doubt they’ll be making many offensive campaigns.

Which makes me really hope that the French player will be able to build at least infantry, artillery, and tanks.

• @UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

Less talk about some empire that existed 9000 years ago, more talking about possibilities with the French after the fall of Metropolitan France in this game.  :roll:

Yep, and the empire fell around 654 AD. The British Empire that supposedly came around in the 18th-20th century was a poser.  :lol:

Only two possibilities exist for after France’s capitulation, it will fall, the Morning might come again, but it will fall during G1 or G2.

The first being is the French navy, probably the majority will be the Mediterranean, maybe something in the Atlantic as well. Since the there is no Vichy element, and no ‘bad blood’ between them and the British, there’ll be no loss of lives (and vessels) between allies. I can see the fleet regrouping, but most likely forming multinational defense rings with England and America. Whatever is left of the fleet that is…

As the land forces, ie infantry, they’ll be scattered in Africa and the Middle East (Syria), again, the only worthwhile option is to form multinational defense, to help the Allies stem the tide. I doubt they’ll be making many offensive campaigns.

Which makes me really hope that the French player will be able to build at least infantry, artillery, and tanks.

Are you talking about the Roman Empire?

• Are you talking about the Roman Empire?

I guess we’ll never know will we?  :wink:

• @Yoper:

@UN:

If you don’t control your capital, you can’t produce units.

Exactly. France is stuck with whatever it can get until liberation, it’ll have to make do.

• @cminke:

play smart and thats all you will need! :wink:

play smart and roll well and you will carry the allies on your back.  ;-)

• @Yoper:

@UN:

I guess I’ll have to think up of a modification to that rule then with my games. I really do not think that France should have to just “make do” with its remaining units after the Blitz.

• @UN:

@Yoper:

@UN:

I guess I’ll have to think up of a modification to that rule then with my games. I really do not think that France should have to just “make do” with its remaining units after the Blitz.

Why not? It’s not like French tanks and artillery were produced in Africa

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

@Yoper:

@UN:

Why not? It’s not like French tanks and artillery were produced in Africa

Because there would be no point in being France then if you had to “make do” with what you have. At least have the ability to produce infantry.

Why not have a rule to where, if the British and Americans have units in French territory, they can give them to the French player when both agree to make such a transfer? This would represent the lend-lease program for the Americans, and just arming the Free French for the British.

• France is likely not intended to be played by a single person, much like ANZAC.

• @kdfsjljklgjfg:

France is likely not intended to be played by a single person, much like ANZAC.

I don’t have Pacific, so I’m not sure what you mean. ANZAC has to be jointly controlled by two players or something?  :?

• @UN:

@kdfsjljklgjfg:

I don’t have Pacific, so I’m not sure what you mean. ANZAC has to be jointly controlled by two players or something?  :?

Actually, it’s China that’s controlled by another player, but the UK and ANZAC may as well be played by the same person.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

@kdfsjljklgjfg:

Actually, it’s China that’s controlled by another player, but the UK and ANZAC may as well be played by the same person.

Hmmm, well I think Krieg said that France will be a full power…but he said that last November, so anything could have changed.  :|

• Official Q&A

France is a full power, but that doesn’t mean that it has a separate player.  Just as China is controlled (separately) by one of the other Allied powers’ player in AAP40, France will be controlled by another power’s player in AAE40.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

You guys may have already discussed this, but could you bring me up to date on exactly how much money they will get and what they will be able to buy? I read that Germany goes first and France will likely fall in the first turn… will they be able to purchase units elsewhere (I would think infantry if nothing else)?

Sorry if this is all old ground for you.

• @LHoffman:

You guys may have already discussed this, but could you bring me up to date on exactly how much money they will get and what they will be able to buy? I read that Germany goes first and France will likely fall in the first turn… will they be able to purchase units elsewhere (I would think infantry if nothing else)?

Sorry if this is all old ground for you.

Basically, Germany will be able to gain 17 ipcs on its 1st turn from France.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Are those 17 collected from capturing the capital and seizing their IPCs, or a combination of that and the territory value of France? I assume that the value of France will become a necessary addition to the German income pool, which is why I wonder about France’s per turn value for Germany.

• @Krieghund:

France is a full power, but that doesn’t mean that it has a separate player.  Just as China is controlled (separately) by one of the other Allied powers’ player in AAP40, France will be controlled by another power’s player in AAE40.

Technically, there is nothing that can stop a 5th player play China in AAP40, it’s just that any dude playing one of the minors is going to get bored soon (specially India, that has few to do after round 3-4 saving buy 1 inf and wait the death). AAP40 is a game that, in a realist way, can be played as much by 3 players: Japan, USA, and other playing the 3 minors

Same will apply to Global40: you could have a game with 10 players (USSR, UK, India, China, France, ANZAC, USA, Germany, Italy & Japan), but any player playing a lone minor will be bored soon. I guess, again, that the max viable number of players will be a bit less, in this case 7: USSR, UK, USA, allied minors, Germany, Italy and Japan

• @LHoffman:

Are those 17 collected from capturing the capital and seizing their IPCs, or a combination of that and the territory value of France? I assume that the value of France will become a necessary addition to the German income pool, which is why I wonder about France’s per turn value for Germany.

France has 17ipc’s to start with, and Paris is probably 5 or 6 ipc’s worth.

• Funcioneta is right……i will try to play with 7 players…but for the allied minors…i’ll try to put some rookie players on that mission

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m