• So my friends and I wanted to branch out from the WWII theme and sort of create our own version of this game. We decided on the time period of either the American Civil or Revolutionary War because we think it would be very unique and fun to play. Seeing as how we decided this about an hour ago, I was wondering if you guys had an suggestions or opinions as to what we should or shouldn’t add. We’ll of course have to create a new game board and figures and the such, so this won’t be something that happens overnight lol. I’ll keep you all posted if you’re interested.

• You can probably use risk pieces for the units.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@trackmagic:

You can probably use risk pieces for the units.

I would recommend using some Airfix figures instead. Risk pieces are Napoleonic era.

• @kbudm:

So my friends and I wanted to branch out from the WWII theme and sort of create our own version of this game. We decided on the time period of either the American Civil or Revolutionary War because we think it would be very unique and fun to play.  We’ll of course have to create a new game board and figures and the such, so this won’t be something that happens overnight lol.

I would suggest using Japanese artillery and infantry pieces for cannons and elite infantry (infantry with bayonets) and then using one of the other nations, perhaps the UK for the normal infantry (infantry without bayonets), also if you do civil war you will have to account for rifled barrels on muskets and cannons, possibly as tech.  Unit colors would have to be red for the British (Revolution), Blue for the Union (Civil war), blue for the patriots (Revolution), Grey for the confederates (Civil war), and some other color a lighter shade of blue perhaps for the French (American Revolution), other units you would need to account for would be spies, calvery, ironclads (Civil), and other warships. :-D hope this helps, if you come up with a rule set and map please share, sounds very cool!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m