• Anyone tried having the turn order go Germany, Russia, UK, Japan, and US instead of the other way around? Might tip it a little too far to Axis, or would it even the game better then RR and not have to worry about bids? Lemme have your imput.

• I have thought about reversing those two countries in the order of play, and I think it would be to powerful for the Axis. Germany would be able to take Karelia fairly strongly in the first turn, and Russia would be hard pressed to get it back.

I think a better solution to the imbalance is the starting position of the Russian and German forces. Without RR, Russia has 8 inf, 3 ARM and 2 Ftr able to attack Finland, EE, or Ukraine on R1. The German forces start spreadout in a very weak position relative to the Russia starting position.

I think the 5 Russian inf in Caucaus is a bit overkill. I would suggest reducing that number by 3 and moving those inf to start in Moscow instead. I would also reduce the starting number of inf in Karelia from 3 to 2, and move the 1 inf to start in Moscow. So now there are 2inf in Karelia and Caucaus, and 8 inf to start in Moscow for Russia.

I would also reduce Germany’s starting inf by 1 and increase Ukr starting inf by 1.

I think such a redistribution of forces might be able to balance the game somewhat and eliminate the need for RR.

• Hmmmm. Despite the fact that you would screw up the time-line. How about this:

Give Ukrane to the Soviets and…actually on second thought I would rather play something simply like RR or the reverse order. But like I said and you thought too Zero, this might be a bit too strong.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m